Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Two boys & dog poop...




You know there's trouble just from the title of this post!! So there I was chit-chatting with Kathee on the phone when something outside caught my attention! For about three minutes I sat and talked and watched and talked and watched. Brant and Tyler were in the backyard sticking sticks in Max's dog poop and then flinging it across the yard!! After the second or third time I said to Kathee, in the most kind, soft voice, "Hey Kath, can you hold on for one second, please?". "Sure", she says. Then I gently opened the back door and the FEAR OF THE MOTHER ripped fiercely across their faces!! I then yell out to them, "Hey Boys, I'm really glad to see that you like playing with the dog's poopies....now come on in here and get a poop bag each so you can clean it up for me!". I had to take a picture just to seize the moment. It was Brant's turn anyway, but I had forgotten to make him do it before playing so he did a good job of reminding me to remind him!! I got back on the phone with Kathee and then looked back out at them and Brant's on one side of the yard, bag on hand and poop in bag..in hand (follow that?) and he's in 'throwing position'! Tyler's on the other side of the yard with his bag as wide open as could be.....trouble trouble trouble!! Boys, boys boys...There are just no other words! I'd like to think that they came to their 'smarts' and realized that they were making their clean up job worse...but to be honest, I think the only reason they finally stopped that game was because they kept getting hit with poop! ya gotta love 'em--even when they love poo!

4 comments:

kathee said...

I'm glad to be able to see all the commotion I was hearing!! Boys will be boys..... (but why, please tell me, why???)

Beth Borup said...

Aren't boys so different than girls! Mine is! Good job - quick thinking mom! :)

Jenny Roberts said...

Ha, ha, ha! That's great.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!! Sometimes I just don't understand what goes through the minds of boys. Maybe that is the point. I don't think anything goes through their minds!!!