Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Friday, September 26, 2008

...don't kick the pigeon!!!...

...hhmmm...what do we have here?-rocks?---




...NOPE! It's another one of those dang Pigeons!! ...this pigeon has been found sitting on our rocks, sipping from our drip, sitting by our porch, by the driveway.....after spotting it a few times, I kinda started getting irritated a little. It's a pigeon! You know, the birds that crowd your back porch and eat your dog's food, they sit on your pool waterfall and take 'baths', they poop on your porch and the roof of your house...they annoy me!! By the fourth encounter of the 'rodent', I was imagining using it as a football, kicking a field goal directly in between the two houses in front of us. It would make a nice hockey puck or tetherball! I will say that the evil thought of the 'Alkaseltzer option' (result of growing up with 3 brothers, male cousins and spending a lot of time with all of them at N Myrtle Beach!) came into my mind! If you haven't heard of that option, well, let's just say that with Seagulls, you feed them Alkaseltzer, they can't let the gas out so ...boom! they BLOW UP!!... I assume it would work the same for pigeons! Maybe somehow, 'word on the street' would spread in the pigeon community not to stop on my street for a sip of water or bathe on the waterfall! After a while I decided to see what the deal was with it. As I approached it, and Rissa ran toward it, it tried to get away. Great. It's injured! Darn..I have to be nice to it! Truth be told, I would never, ever hurt it!..I'm all talk but no venom! OK--For all of you animal lovers, just slow the heart rate down and take a chill pill! At first, I was kinda bummed that I had to feel sympathy toward it, but after a day or two of feeding it bird seed, I really did start to feel bad for it! I see pigeons a little bit different now....I see them as ONE OF GOD'S CREATURES! It would suck to be a bird and not be able to fly! What would the purpose of life be then? Well, I'll tell ya, this little bird's new purpose in life, for the time being, is to make my kids smile! They love looking to see where he is every time the door is opened! Rissa runs out laughing and smiling and doing the sign for 'bird', Brant laughs every time he comes home from somewhere and see's it wobble as fast as it can out of the way and Jacob just laughs at him wobbling...he says he wobbles like a cartoon character and then he adds sound affects every time the bird falls over when trying to walk. I really should video Jacob doing that b/c he's really good at it and it is really pretty funny! With all of this said, we have adopted, yet, another pet! I won't kick a field goal with it or play hockey so please don't come tp my house or throw tomatoes at me! I AM AN ANIMAL LOVER! I am just not a huge fan of pigeons...but I am learning to tolerate them...at least the injured ones!

5 comments:

taylortots said...

I'm comcerned Tiff!! What is the sign for bird?? Ha Ha

Matt & Darla said...

That's freakin' hilarious, Tiffany!! LOL And oh the memories of Myrtle Beach.............

Jenny Roberts said...

You are a kind soul. I agree, pigeons are annoying, but when they are hurt you can't help but feel a little sympathy.

windytots said...

Now that's funny right there! I don't care who you are. Your blog is awesome. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. hahahaha I can totally symathize that's why we have so many stinking animals ourselves. :) Thanks for the laugh. ~Dawn T's sis.

taylortots said...

People say never kick a man when he is down. I say why.... he is closer to your foot! Take that bird out! Mike