Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thanks for your help Brant!!

This week has been one of the busiest week's that I've had in a while. Two months ago when I went to my Rheumatologist, I kinda got in trouble with her and Marty. She had told me "no exercising yet!" and the truth came out that I had been secretly lifting weights! Not for competition or anything, just a little here and there..ya know, I'd go out to the garage to get something out of the deep freezer and do a quick set, that's all...but I had stopped cardio..for the most part! A/w I promised I'd chill and let my body try to get used to these sleeping pills and get the rest that it needs and whatever else "no exercise" is supposed to do to help. A/W really, since friday I have been going, going, going and I'M FEELING IT!! Monday night, every muscle in my body ached and I was totally exhausted. I really didn't feel like cooking at all! Marty had a client after work so I knew that he wouldn't be home early enough to grill, so I asked Brant if he wanted to grill for me. He totally prepared the grill, started it and cooked all by himself (I did supervise)!!! I got to lay on the couch for a while and when Rissa woke up from her nap, he got her for me and played with her and got her cup and snack so I wouldn't have to get up. In between all of this he was also getting his stuff ready for baseball. I am so thankful for him!! Thank you Brant!! I appreciate you so much! It's hard to be the oldest, sometimes, and Brant has definately had some responsibilities that other kids haven't had with a sibling with a disability. The Lord knew what he was doing when he gave us the children that we have! I am so grateful for each of them and I love them so much!!
Brant the Grill Master!! He loves to grill with Marty and has not only learned, but remembered everything that he has been taught.


Rissa's wearing one of Jacob's t-sirts...or "E-ub"..as she says it!


--Just woke up from a nap...she's a hard sleeper!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, love the bedhead Rissa!

Brant is such an awesome brother! Olivia is like that too...always stepping up to help out! And so responsible! I too, think it is an oldest child thing/blessing.

TJ Eich said...

I agree that the oldest child is just born ready to serve. Brant is as sweet as he is handsome. :)

jeni said...

What a sweet boy!! It's nice to when your kids are old enough and willing to help.

Anonymous said...

Good job with the Grilling Brant. You are such a great guy!! Good job helping your mom too.

Amie said...

What a sweet boy you have! I ditto what you said...the Lord definitely "gives" us the kids we are supposed to have. I have very little patience....so he sent me my little darlins to teach me some! :) LOVE the shot of your baby girl. She looks just like you...well, except for the crazy hair! She's gonna love that pic as a teenager! Hold on to it, there is going to be some blackmail power here. :)

THE BANGARTS said...

Could you send Brant over here to play with Hannah so that I can nap? That sounds wonderful!

Bedhead is seriously one of my most favorite things! And that is some SERIOUS bedhead!

Jenny Roberts said...

What a sweet boy! His thoughfulness and kindness brought tears to my eyes. Please call me if you ever need any help.

Edwards Family said...

aunt tiff, your blog is so cute, love the pics! listen, i need some serious help wit my blog! SOS! somthing went wrong, and well, now my whole background is blank!!!!