Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Ice Cream Challenge...

AAaahhhhhhhh...McDonald's and the 'Golden Arches'!! Every child, both verbal and non verbal, across America can spot those beautiful Arches at anytime and from any distance! And actually, any child in just about any country can do the same, I suppose. Now, I don't know of any other fast food chain that sends their store managers to a UNIVERSITY. A friend of mine, back home, was one of these fortunate individuals who had the grand privilege of attending this U. I think it's called McDonald University, or something like that...I should have researched it all before this post, I guess, but the Mickey D's U (MDU) is not the purpose of this post. Now, from my Weight Watcher's days, I learned that McD's and Chick-fil-a have the best ice cream, as far as calories and fat are concerned. McD's has 150 calories and 3.5 fat grams in a small cone and Chick-fil-a has 160 calories and 4 fat grams in their ice 'dream' cone. Ever since then, if I'm out with the kids or whatever and want to take them for an ice cream treat, we go to one of these two places. So today was one of those days. After school, I dropped off the Cox Girls (carpool), ran around to pay the water bill and took my kids to get an after school treat. McD's was the closest, so that's where we went. I ordered: a small vanilla cone for me, Brant wanted a hot fudge sunday, Jacob went for his usual cheeseburger-no pickle no mustard, and then I got a couple of cookies for Marty (half of one of his for Rissa).
OK---( ....Here's the climax, the problem, my new pet peeve--- the real point of this post....) Now after ordering all of that, WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY HAND ME FIRST? bumm bum ti dumm...THE ICE CREAM CONE! That just does not make any sense to me and everytime it happens it irritates me more and more! The reason? Well, think about it. They hand you an ice cream cone first, then comes the hot fudge sunday (what else would be next), and then you wait for a minute or two for the cheeseburger-no pickle no mustard and lastly, you get the ..."your fresh chocolate chip cookies will be done in two minutes...". While they're passing your food to you, you sit there balancing your melting ice cream cone in one hand, grabbing the other stuff with the other hand and then somehow you manage to toss it to the kids in the back who are screaming or begging ...or in Marissa's case, Signing, 'MORE EAT PLEASE', for their special Mickey D's treat. By this time you're pretty much ready to toss the stinkin cone out the window so you can wipe all of the melted ice cream off your arm (from wrist to elbow)!! So is this how MDU trains their 'peep's'? I'm not saying I won't ever go back, but I just think they need to get their 'handing food out the window' priorities straight!! There have been a time or two that the second I get the cone I just start lickin' right then-to prevent then melted ice cream line from running down my elbow-but how the heck does that look? It looks like I'm a big fat pig, who can't even wait two mins to get my children's food in the car before I start slurping up my ice cream! I can just see it now- I'm making the window people wait a minute so I can get one more big lick of ice cream...lowfat ice cream:) It's just all ridiculous!
Ok-so in closing, I will just post this challenge: Go to McD's drive-thru, order at least 4 things free water, fries, whatever, but one of them must be a small...or if you're feelin super salsy ask for a Large ice cream cone...and let's just see how your experience is! Leave a comment and then I'll pick a name randomly. The winner will receive a Free Ice Cream Cone!!! Good luck to you all!! P.S.--You get bonus points if your kids are screaming for food when you drive through!!!...even more if your husband is!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny Tiff! I will have to give it a try next time the boys are craving an icecream cone!

Denise said...

I have noticed that before too! I think it is because they want to hurry and hand off the cone before THEY drop it!

jeni said...

HALARIOUS!! That was such a vivid and colorful discription!! I will definitely try. I've never been too impressed with the McD's common sense factor. They never really seem to have any. :)

Brea said...

I love there hot fudge Sundays they are sooo yummy!!

Great post you are so right that happens to us every time too...but I am one of those that doesn't care if I look like a big fat pig and am licking my ice cream cone. I just figure there really not paying much attention anyways or else they wouldn't hand me the ice cream cone first.

Jenny Roberts said...

Sounds like a great contest. On Friday, I think I need to make a stop by McD's and see what happens.

Meghan said...

This is the best contest ever! I'll do anything for an icecream cone, count me in!