Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Dresden!!!

So Dresden's birthday was the other day and a bunch of us got together a little early morning surprise for her!! Many girls that couldn't be there dropped their "37 of something" gifts off to me and then about 10-12 girls showed up there at chickfila! Dresden all along, thought that it would be just she and I and Rissa, so it was totally fun to see her expression when we got there and saw everyone shouting Happy Birthday!! To everyone who participated, Dresden went on and on all afternoon about how fun and awesome that was for us to do that for her!! Thanks to all of you!!Oh-and let me just add that she didn't even know that Chickfila even had biscuits!!
All the Chickfila ladies brought Dresden an ice cream brownie and sang to her. lots of fun to embarrass her!!


Denise, Jacob & Allyson (and baby :). When I went to pick Dresden up, she first couldn't leave until 15 mins later than planned b/c she needed to get her boys off to school first. Then 15 mins later, she still wasn't ready (Back surgery can cause one to be slow in the morning...is it her back, or just her age? haha) I did feel bad that we had to do this so early in the morning, but that's always best time for most everyone. Aw I kept calling Allyson and telling her to keep everyone there at Chickfila and that I would drag her out if I had to!! She did a great job cuz there were, I think 10 ladies there when we finally arrived.


Diana and Dawn chit chattin while Dresden opens all of her gifts. Jessica & I had planned for a while to go in together and give Dres 37 Quarters, but I had not made a card for it. Well, the day before the breakfast, Diana dropped her gift off to me incase she couldn't make it to Chickfila. Her gift was a roll of quarters, too, except she had them all wrapped up so nice and fun with ribbon and all. THen, to top it off, her note was a super cute list of "all the things you can do with quarters"!! I called Jess and knowing that there was no way we could ever 'out cute' Diana's quarters, we decided I would just stick Diana's cutesie note in my copy machine, print out a copy, scratch out the Love, Diana part and put Love, Tiff and Jess part in. So that's what we did! Thanks Diana!! It was all in fun and we all had fun with the joke.


Gayla, Jeni, Dresden & Kathee


I asked everyone who wanted to participate, to give her a gift of 37 somethings. So many friends participated!! Some of the things she got were 37 pieces of gum, toiletry items, dum-dum's, gift card w/ $37, two sets of quarters, candies, tea light candles and even a beautiful handmade necklace that Aubry made w/37 beautiful beads!! She racked up!!


Happy Birthday Dres! I'm glad you finally let me drag you to breakfast!! It was fun introducing you to the Chickfila biscuit and hangin out with you and I hope your day was special! Love ya!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

That was a super fun time! Thanks for putting it together!

Jenny Roberts said...

The breakfast was a lot of fun. Happy birthday Dresden.

TJ Eich said...

Looks like you had a good turn-out; sorry I missed it. My son Tyler's birthday was the same day so I spent the morning making cupcakes for his class of 50 kids!