Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pomegranate & Exercise

Ok, so these little boogers look like bloody ovaries to me!! Not that I've seen many bloody ovaries in my day, but if I were to guess, this is what I'd say they look like! Years ago, I bought a Pomegranate and tried to eat it. I wanted to see what all the hype was about! I cut it open and shuttered at the inside! It scared me right to my death bed and intimidated the crude out of me!! I took the next step and ate one...great...they have seeds! So after spending, like 2 hours, putting one in my mouth, sucking everything off the seed and spitting the seed out I decided, "Pomegranates Are Stupid!". At that moment I vowed that they were a waste of time, tasty & juice-I'll give them that, but way too much work for so little 'meat' and I would never waste my time or money on those juicy, bloody ovary-looking things again! Here it is years later, and Wal-mart the love/hate store (love it cuz they have everything, hate it cuz they take all my money) had them on sale. Not only that, but they had pamphlets beside them...rules, directions, the do's & don'ts of How to eat them!! My Ovaries must've been dealing with some pomegranate deficiency or something, b/c once I saw them - with the directions - I could not resist! It looked so good to me and I totally craved the yummy juice from it that I had tasted so long ago when I was so young and unaware that such a gory looking fruit even exisited! After reading the booklet I got a call from Brea. She is a pomegranate lover and so she was soo excited that I was about to take my second, first bite! She coached me through it, assuring me that you do, indeed, EAT the seeds and before I knew it, I was chomping down on CRUNCHY, bloody ovaries!! That was a much faster way to eat them and when it was all said and done, I think I enjoyed it enough to buy another one! Just one question: Does anyone else have problems with the seeds sticking straight up into your gums...in between your teeth? It happened only a couple of times, maybe I'm just a wimp.

This is pretty much what happens when I am stretching. I usually work out when Rissa is sleeping b/c if I do it when she's awake, she cries and reaches up for me the whole time I'm working out. By the time I'm done, she's horribly upset and then she's attached to me the whole time I'm stretching! I must say that when I'm on the floor stretching, I love glancing up only to see her back to me and her little butt scooting closer and closer until, PLOP! She lands on me!! I usually sound the moment off with a "BEEP!...BEEP!...BEEP!", as she's shuffling back! I love this age!!!...her's, not mine :)

4 comments:

Jenny Roberts said...

Rissa is so cute. Sarah likes to sit on me when I am trying to do situps.

Coordination Queen said...

Pushups with kids on your back is a good way to increase your work out as well. :)

I've given up on the bloody ovaries.

Jenifer said...

I have to say your imagery is way too accurate for me. Can't look at that top picture for too long. I don't watch medical dramas either. Erin hates it when I excercise too. I wonder why that is?

jeni said...

I can always count on you for a good laugh!!! I Love you, Tiff!!