Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!!!!!

...and yes folks, I did make these!! See them on my SweetTooth blog!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! I want honor my mom by sharing a few things about her that I love and admire...and have learned from her!!
1~~ She's a perfect driver!! She has NEVER gotten a speeding ticket and never exceeds the speed limit!
2~~ My mom can make Chocolate out of ANYTHING!!! I swear, growing up, there were so many times that we kids would want chocolate on a Sunday evening and couldn't find a lick of Chocolate anywhere in the house!! Next thing ya know, Voila!! She whips up a little something here and a little something there and she's got some type of concoction that is like chocolate heaven!!

3~~ I love her singing voice! In college, I remember getting so homesick at one point and was clear across the country. I called one night and begged her to sing to me!!
4~~ Everything I know about baking & cooking, I LEARNED FROM MY MAMA!! The other day I was reminded of a funny little something in regards to this: A few years ago, when mom & dad were out here visiting, Mom had fried up some Country Fried Steak...my all time favorite!! The next day, we come home from hiking in the White Tanks and she's on the floor with everything pulled out of my frig! She was looking for the grease that she had used the previous day b/c she wanted to use it again for dinner that night. She was appalled when I told her I threw it away!! She gets up and says, "WHAT?! THAT WAS PERFECTLY GOOD GREASE!! DIDN'T I RAISE YOU BETTER THAN THAT?!" haha. We laughed and laughed! I am a Southern girl, but I really don't fry a ton!

5~~ Things that remind me of my mom, (aka DAWN G) : Paula Dean :)* fondant * big chandeliers (the big one at our house on Sierra Dr--I would always look at the beautiful chandelier that was in our dining room and dreamed of wearing the shiny crystal's as earrings!! One day, mom took two of them off and let me wear them!! I always think of that when I look at the chandeliers in the Temple:) ) * Mama Mia! * TTC * Women of the Well CD * the EGG-STRACTER * HGTV * my pizza scooper * crossword puzzles ....these are just a few things.
I LOVE YOU MOM AND HOPE YOU'VE HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!! My mom is such an amazing woman!! Mom, cherish our times together and our many, many phone calls!!! You are the one who birthed me, nurtured me, gave me the s-e-x talk (aahhh!) and was supported me and was there for me when I got married! You've been such a support and helped me get through so many hard times and struggles as well as so many more fun memories!! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you!!! I love you tons! tiff:)

3 comments:

Beth Borup said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your mom's birthday! I am sure that meant a lot to her. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your mom too!!! I hope you have a great day Dawn!!!

Unknown said...

Your mom rocks! What a nice little tribute you did for her! Tell her happy late birthday for me! Jess