Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, November 3, 2008

I Feel like a Talented, Creative, Amazing...PERSON WITH A CONFESSION!!!

Okay, I HAVE A CONFESSION!! I will just say that after a few days of many phone calls, compliments and a few comments on my last couple of posts, I'm not a liar...I just haven't divulged the WHOLE truth. Let it be known that I, Tiff Joyner, DID NOT MAKE THE SUNSHINE CAKE, MUPPET'S CAKE OR PREGO WOMAN CAKE ..(aahhh there! I said it! I feel much better now getting that onto my blog!). Just another note for the record; Nor did I make the FIVE FOOT tall FONDANT CAKES, THE POOP CAKE (although I'm sure I could make that one!) or the HAIRY CHEST MAN CAKE (I don't think I want to try that one)!! One of my friends, Desire (she works with Jacob @ school), was wondering why I hadn't sent any of those cakes in with Jacob to share with everyone!! It cracked me up b/c she really though I had made, like three cakes just to get the pictures on my blog for my 100th Post!! I love it!! I have had several people call to compliment me on my fine talents as a cake decorator!! For one brief moment in time, I even started to feel a little Famous, b/c people from across the country called to compliment me and my cake decorating abilities....but really, it doesn't count when it's YOUR MOM on the other end of the phone, calling from the opposite coast! That was a fun conversation! I answer the phone with my mom practically yelling in my ear telling me how beautiful the PREGO CAKE was!! How did you? ..how long did it? ..Did Allyson love?....Bla bla bla! Excitement after excitement. My poor mom. How could I be so cruelly honest and tell her that her ONLY DAUGHTER isn't the awesome, crafty, talented cake decorator that was so she excited about?!! So I tell her. I told her that I DIDN'T MAKE THE PREGO WOMAN BUST CAKE...NOR THE POOP CAKE...NOR THE MUPPET CAKE...NO WHITE HAIRY CHEST MAN...NONE OF THEM ARE MY CREATIONS!! Oh. she says. Then she asks if Allyson liked the Prego Cake. Apparently, she thought at that point, that I had bought it for her. NOPE. WRONG AGAIN! Yes, my friends, (moment of truth...here we go...) all it took was the little click on the computer...you guessed it! Two Words: COPY & PASTE!! So, just to let you all know, it was not meant for me to lead you into believing that I SINGLE HANDED LY CREATED ALL OF THOSE CAKES!! It just happened. So tonight, I set the story straight and tell you that those cakes came from a beloved blog, a blog that I have looked at many times, laughed at and cried at. Those are pictures from CAKE WRECKS!! Go ahead...take a look. ...In my defense, though, I will say, that that one cake I made with kids when mom & dad were here, well, THAT WAS MY CREATION!! That was the real deal!! thanks for all of your super nice comments and phone calls about the cakes!! For a day or two I truly felt like the MAGNIFICENT CAKE DECORATOR SUPER STAR OF THE UNIVERSE!! For those few moments of cake dignity and Power, I thank you all!!! I shall return to my normal, everyday life now. Peace Out. (Mom, just so you know, I am still planning on taking a Cake Decorating class @ Michaels, so there is still hope for me!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that! I was feeling very inadaquate!

N Godown said...

Haha! That is so funny! I of course knew that you didn't make those cakes...cause we've talked about Cake Wrecks before. Just cause you didn't make them, doesn't mean you can't post them on your blog for somebody's birthday! I think it's a great idea. We just love your guts....and your cake balls, and your reeses cake, and your pb squares............

Denise said...

Loved the prego cake...I was thinking you should start a business! Just kidding...who has time to spend the day decorating a cake?!

Coordination Queen said...

HAHAHA! That is awesome! You'll have fun in the cake decorating class. They are awesome.

Jenifer said...

Gasp!!!!
You are a brave soul for confessing.

Beth Borup said...

You are too funny!!!

Jenny Roberts said...

Tiff, you are so funny. I showed Jim the prego cake and he asked if you made it. I told him I didn't think so because if I had made a cake like that I would definitely make it known that I made it.