Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, January 5, 2009

~~A New Year Tradition in Our Family~~

Tonight for FHE we roasted Hot dogs and Marshmallows!! Well, we roasted the marshmallows that were left after our marshmallow fight! I was standing in the kitchen and I threw one at Brant and that was all she wrote!! Before we knew it, they were flying all over the place! Rissa loved it! She laughed and laughed and then took off running around grabbing whatever ones she can get a hold of, stuffing them in her cute little chubby cheeks!! I forgot that Brant's a baseball player, pitcher being one of his positions, when I threw that first one at him! I had a hard time dodging his fast, accurate throws!
When Brant got his fill of hot dogs he ran in and grabbed his favorite, the one and only Chicken Pattie, to roast! Very creative Brant!! He did a great job helping me start the fire and the kids were great helping us with the clean up too!!
Rissa LOVED roasting MARSHMALLOWS!! Even more...EATING them!! After ripping off her hat, she proceeded to use 'sticky marshmallow' as hair gel...and what's all over her face?!...hey, WHERE'S HER BOW?!!
Jacob was totally excited about one of our New Year's Traditions!! At the beginning of every year we use the first FHE of the year to talk about GOALS. We each write our goals down twice. One copy goes in our "time capsule jar" (Brant gave it the name :) and the other is for us to keep in our rooms to refer to during the year. This is a tradition that my parents did with my brothers & I when we were growing up. I love this tradition and we always have fun with it!!
So this year Jacob had the privileged job of digging up our jar!!! --right up his alley!! Last year it really took a while to find, so we buried it right by one of our sidewalks in the back hoping we could find it easier. Jacob must've turned his radar on b/c he went right to it with no problem!!
Sometimes we decorate or the kids add fun drawings to their goal sheet. It's always fun to start a new year!! We hope this New Year brings lots of fun, love, laughter and family your way!!



~~Pictures from New Year's Eve~~









7 comments:

Denise said...

Fun traditions! I love the jar idea! What awesome memories! Hope you and your family have a great 2009! Happy New Year!

Jenny Roberts said...

What a great tradition.

Minta said...

Hey Tiffany! I just found your blog through Shannon's blog! It's great to see you how you are doing! We'll have to catch up! I have a blog too, email me and I'll send you a link!

Beth Borup said...

Love the traditions! Thanks for sharing.

Jenifer said...

What great grilling! It looks yummy...except the hair gel part! The resolution jar is fantastic. Do you guys keep the previous years lists?

Tiffany said...

No, but that's a great idea! maybe I'll start a little scrapbook with the ones from 2008. Thanks for the idea Jenn-that'd be so fun to look at years from now, huh?!

Stephen and Angeline said...

Hey Tiff,
We got your Pb bars today. they were a tiny bit squished, but they were delicious! yes, were. they're gone..already. thanks again for those!!