Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeanne!!

Today was Jeanne's birthday...31st birthday! Amie & I have been her VT for a couple of years now and I feel so lucky!! I have truly enjoyed getting to know her and love her! We kidnapped her and took her out to lunch today and it was so fun! Amie & I...oh, and Darren (Jeanne's hubby) worked out sitters for all of the kids so it was just us ADULTS!! I hope you had a great birthday J!! We love ya--you know that, though!!....call us if you need anything...dinner...chat on the phone.....cake...milk......
...Speaking of Cake! Ok--SO- this is a day in the life of Tiff:) Last night I made this 'Butter Chocolate Fudge Cake' and I whipped up the frosting for it. I waited until this morning to frost the cake b/c it wasn't cool enough. I'd been waiting for someone to 'need a cake' so I could use this new, moist recipe. Yeah, well, I think maybe a little too moist! My Frosting wouldn't even stick!! I brushed all the crumbs off before icing it...so I thought! As I added the frosting-chunks would just roll off the cake!! I ended up so frustrated with the stinkin thing, that I was just slapping it all on there to MAKE it stick! Crumbs blended all into the frosting and by the time I was done the cake looked like this...lumpy and lopsided!! I left it at home with the intention to throw it away but when we mentioned it to her during lunch she didn't care what it looked like! She wanted it and said, "It's gonna look a lot worse when it gets in my stomach!!" It was funny that when we got back to their house with the cake Darren pretty much said the exact same thing! Might I just add that the V looking thing on top of my head is not "Alfalfa hair"! It was windy today, so I guessed that I was just sportin the 'wind blown look'. It took me forever to figure out that's just something hanging on Jeanne's door!!
Amie wanted to taste it, so we all got spoons and took a bite...or two or three! It tasted MUCH better than it looks!

Butter Chocolate Fudge w/ chopped up SYMPHONY bar in it! A layer of this crazy vanilla icing runs through the middle and ALL AROUND THE OUTSIDE!!!...got milk?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It DID taste better than it looked! Look at me! Little Piggy I am, I could of stayed and eaten more!

Jenny Roberts said...

Tiff, you're hilarious. I didn't even notice the alfalfa hair, but I am glad it was just something hanging on Jeanne's door. The cake looks great.