Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Friday, January 2, 2009

SNOW & A METEOR CRATER!!

~~~Playing in the Snow!!~~~At the beginning of the week we took off and spent a few days in Flagstaff so we could play in the snow!! We all had such a fun time, playing and just being together! I love our little family!! I am so thankful for and love our little (big) guys and spunky little princess!! And I'm thankful for Marty and love him so much! Good times were had, and memories made!!!










These pictures of Marty crack me up!! I've gotten so used to my old camera, in-which there is a severe delay from the moment you push the button and it actually takes the picture! This new camera takes immediately, allowing me to get good reactions of those in my pictures! The snow was about knee deep and sometimes you'd step on a 'not so solid' part of the snow and fall right in! That had happened, and as he was pulling himself up he couldn't get his balance.
Rissa didn't care too much for the sledding and sliding part, but boy did she LOVE to EAT the snow!! The bigger the snow ball, the better!! Her favorite was to lay down on her tummy and eat it without using her hands! (I thought for sure I'd gotten a picture of her doing it, but I guess not:(





Brant busting! This was one of the smaller hills that he went on, but it was super slick! It was so fun to watch him, esp when he went down the big hills b/c he's fearless!! If he crashed, he didn't care, he'd just get back up and go again!
Marty took Rissa down a big hill and it shook her up a little, so she and I resorted to the beginner slopes:)
Jacob took to the hills like a pro!!
...Marty had the form of a pro!!


~~~Meteor Crater~~~
We decided to take a detour on the way home. It was a toss up between going to see the Grand Canyon (an hour the opposite direction) or the Meteor Crater, which was only 20 mins or so...in the general direction of home. We ended up choosing the Crater b/c we will eventually be heading back up to Utah at some point and can swing by the Grand Canyon then. The Crater was actually really cool and very interesting!! This was the FIRST PROVEN METEOR CRATER IN THE WORLD! There's a museum, educational movie about it and gift shop and all. Remains of the actual Meteor are displayed, which the kids thought were cool to see. We were able to hike up to the rim and down a little ways into the Crater. There is an hour long (1 mile) tour that is included with the entrance fee, but it would've been too hard to carry Rissa, so we didn't do that, but everything else was pretty cool!!







5 comments:

Smith Family said...

What pretty snow! Everyone looked like they were having a lot of fun. I loved the picture of Marty with the sled. Hooray for your new camera! We've never been to the crater, it looks awesome!

Pamelia said...

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun!!!

Jenifer said...

Yall are so funny in the snow! Erin would only eat the snow too...I wonder why? I've never seen that crator, it looks cool!

Kurt, Christine and kids said...

The meteor crater is so cool. I think the next time we are heading to Utah it will need to be a stop. Good to see that there is some good snow. We've thought about going up. Email me and let me know where you guys went sledding.
Hope your family had a good Christmas.

taylortots said...

Do you have to say "ya'll" when commenting? .....Is that Marty or Bambi on that sled?