Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Decor--Savvy Chic

Two weeks ago I hired two of my friends, Amy & Jeanne, to come and just help me redecorate the front room, kitchen & living room. After getting Rock Band and Wii Fit for Christmas, we just really needed another room to be able to play in. I had also found a new fabric that I LOVE for the kitchen! I bought it before Thanksgiving, but just wasn't quite sure exactly how I wanted to make them. I originally had the front room set up as the dining room, with our glass table and all in there, and truth-be-told, we really didn't use it very much! With that in mind, I decided to switch tables. The dining room table is more 'oriental' looking which matches the Oriental looking pattern in the fabric. The part that really stumped me, was how to switch the dining room into the Game Room. I had them come and help me just move things around. Anyway, this is what our New Game Room looks like!! I love it and was SSoOO happy with the outcome!!! The only thing I bought was the large painting to the left. It was the ONLY picture I could find that I liked...and I really like it a lot! Everything else was brought in from the garage or another room. I'm really excited to have the FAMILY frames hanging!! My mom gave them to me a year ago and I couldn't find a place to hang them.


Our Family game table, Desk & bay window. I LOVE what Amy did with the square mirrors!!! I had these up in our bedroom and decided they were better suited down stairs:)
We LOVE using our tall table for our Family Game Table!!
This is the only photo right now (Jill's bday party last Jan08 -- don't look at me, I'm pretty scary looking..no make up..just scary!..just look at the curtains!!) that I can find of our old kitchen window treatments. I made them years ago when we first bought our house.
Here's a little peek of my new curtains. I wanted to make the curtains myself, but just wanted to get their ideas about the best way to make them. I now have them all sewed up, tomorrow, I just have to attach the designer panels to the black fabric and they will be ALL DONE!!!!! I love the idea they gave me to glue Red Ribbon down the sides of the panels! I am So excited about the changes and LOVE coming downstairs every morning! (OH--the family room, no pictures, we just moved furniture around). Thanks Amy & Jeanne--you guys did an awesome job!! If anyone in the area needs help in this department, give them a call, it's well worth it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I need to come over and steal some ideas. I really like how everything is organized and I like the "FAMILY" frames, I might just use that idea.

Denise said...

It turned out great! You all did a wonderful job! Game rooms are so fun!

Apryl said...

HAD to peek at your blog! great to connect w/u on FB...your fam is beautiful! And you got your little girl! She is gorgeous!