Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Few Thoughts to Talk About...

I Have just a few thoughts that I wanted to jot down...Words of Wisdom, Random Thoughts & maybe an experience or two:

1--Last week I burnt my jaw with the straight iron while getting ready for church.! OOOoouuch! It hurt and at church, I was asked a few times what I did to make Marty give me a jab in the jaw. One elderly friend from the other ward even offered to "take care of him" for me :) I didn't think it was that obvious b/c it wasn't real big-but it was pretty red.

2---Never take a hymn book into the bathroom with you and if you do...HOLD ON TO IT!! JUST BECAUSE IT'S THE LORD'S BOOK, DOESN'T MEAN IT WON'T FALL IN THE TOILET!!!! I'm still in shock about this one and I have repented of my careless ways!! And let me just add, the toilet water was fresh, it was not pee-pee, poo-poo water!! (Just know that there is one book, "floating around" (no pun intended:) the church with crinkly, dried pages...the top half of all the pages b/c that's the way it fell in...).

3---Marty nearly clobbered me the other day while hoisting a load of dirty clothes over the balcony...I was at the bottom of the stairs! It's one thing alone, to be clobbered by a load of clothes...but the fact that they were dirty--Oh the horror!! I guess I'm just grateful that no dirty undies landed on my head! I tell ya, my husband is the best!!! While I prefer to do ALL OTHER CHORES instead of that one, he prefers laundry over any other chore...maybe FOOTBALL has something to do with it, b/c there always seems to be a game on for him to watch while he's folding clothes....hhhmmmmm. and hey! what happened to the, "BOMBS AWAY WARNING?"!

4--Today is the first time I've been online, during the day in months!! Marty came home on day last week with a NEW COMPUTER FOR ME!!! Yeah Marty!! That's BIG BROWNIE POINTS, YA KNOW!! I've gotten used to just getting on his laptop at night, but I'm excited to have a computer again! Thanks BABE!!

5---Interior Designers really do know how to...Design! After getting Rock Band and Wii Fit for Christmas, we decided to turn our front room into a game room. I also bought some new fabric for new drapes in my kitchen. I swapped tables from one room to the other and moved several other things around but when it came to decorating the new game room, I just couldn't think of what to do! I had two friends that own a design business come over and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WHAT THEY'VE DONE!!! I was amazed how the smallest little changes could make such a HUGE difference!!! I'll post some pictures of this as soon as I get my drapes made!

6--I cried again this week as I finally sat down and watched the BIGGEST LOSER!! This is going to be a very EMOTIONAL season!!! It is helping me get motivated to get back into my 'before the holiday' work out habits, though!!!

7--This past Sunday was my week to teach RS. What a GREAT lesson!! I'm not referring to myself, I'm talking about the lesson, itself~~in the manual!! I LOVE THE JOSEPH SMITH TEACHINGS!! What amazing experiences he had!! I can't even express in words the inner growth that I experience each time I teach! I love teaching and I'm so thankful for the opportunity, and more importantly, for all of the sisters that bring the Spirit into the class! Even if I feel like I butchered the lesson, I always leave feeling so uplifted b/c of THEM. Their testimonies, their experiences and their love of the Lord!

8--I really should've taken a picture of that Hymn Book in the toilet with my cell phone! It is horrible, but it truly was an accident, and the way it looked, laying upside down in the toilet...I was in such shock and then laughing my head off at the same time b/c I COULDN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT!! I thought it would be disrespectful to take a picture...and so I pulled it out. After that, I really wished would've snapped a picture and I thought, "it's still wet, I should just plop it back down in there..and take a picture!". I only thought it once and knew I wouldn't do that, so, I patted it as dry as I could with Paper towels, walked it into the foyer with my head held high (until I saw a couple of friends sitting on the couch!!) and laid it out opened on the end table so it could dry.

Well, I have a bunch sewing, organizing and some baskets to paint, with help from my little munchkin!

13 comments:

Amie said...

You are too funny! I guess you won't be reading on the "can" any more! Your daughter is so BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the picture of her below in the coat. Oh! She is to die for! I just want to squeeze her she's so cute.

jeni said...

the hymn book in the toilet had me cracking up. I can always count on you for a good laugh. :) I can't wait for us to FINALLY start our walking ways on Monday. YAY!!!

Jenny Roberts said...

Just be glad it wasn't the Book of Mormon. You'd probably be excommunicated for that. LOL :) I think you should have taken a picture with your cell phone.

Brea said...

Tiff you are hilarious!! I bet you about died when the hymn book fell in the toilet...were you planning on looking at it while you were doing your "business":)? j/k The next question I have is did you spit in the toilet? j/k :)

Tiffany said...

I DID NOT spit in the toilet that time, but I think I spit twice the next time I went:) I had the hymn book in my lap during sacrament and before I knew it the closing prayer was said and I was standing in the bathroom starring at the book in the can! I guess I just started talking and never put it down? I know I was rushing so I could get into Nursery.

Benson Family said...

Tiffany, you're so funny! That book in the toilet is hilarious. You'll never live that one down. : )

Jenifer said...

I can't even imagine the shock! The 'should I put it back and take a picture' is totally something that would run through my head too!

Jana said...

I think you should have just left it in there for the next potty patron...!!! Too funny!!!
:)

kathee said...

I remember when the "hymn book incident" happened, you had such a horrified look on your face!!! Okay, I am so glad you cry during biggest loser too!! I was thinking, what the heck is wrong with me???, while I was sitting there watching it with tears streaming down my face!!!!!!

Meghan said...

As horrible as it is, that is such a funny story about the hymn book! I will be sure to think twice before picking up a wrinkled one!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the good read. It helped pass the time while I waited in the long line to pick my kids up from school last friday. You are so funny.

THE GANTT LIFE said...

tiffany, you're a hoot and a holla! :) love the toilet story, you're probably the only person i know who would probably admit it. :) and i love biggest loser, i cry all the time watching it. i feel like their mom cheering them on or something... i find myself so proud of them.

windytots said...

Oh my call me next time and I'll take the stinking picture!! That's funny!