Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Eric got Baptized!!

Our brother-in-law, Eric, got baptized this past Sunday!! He has been going to church with Karen & Hunter for a while but I think he has been reading and praying about it since Marty's dad passed away back in May. He and Karen are moving to NC for a new job and last Sunday they were talking to their Bishop about it and the Bishop says, "Well, I hope you're gonna get baptized in our ward before you leave!" And without any hesitation, Eric replies, "Well, actually I was thinking I could do that next Sunday!" My Sister-in-laws mouth dropped as, "What!? Well, you could have at least let me know" comes spilling out of her mouth! So she immediately starts the phone calls and planning when they got home. The hard part about it was that it wasn't really enough time for anyone to get across the country for it. [Who was going baptize him?] Karen and Eric pretty quickly decided that they wanted to ask my oldest brother, Blake! Since none of their family (Marty's siblings) could be there to do it, they felt that my family was the next best thing. Also, they have been in my brother's ward for years, which has given them the opportunity to get to know Blake's family pretty well. It was so awesome for us that Blake could do that with Eric, esp since we couldn't be there! We are so happy for them and what a blessing this will be for their family!! Eric is one of the nicest, most unselfish people we know!! He is loved by many people! As a matter-of-fact, they had to move to the chapel b/c so many ward members showed up to support him! We love you Eric and Congrats on your decision!!

1 comment:

Jenny Roberts said...

Seriously brings tears (happy tears) to my eyes. The angels are singing whenever someone accepts the gospel.