Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Animals in the Wild

Holy Crap!!! We found this Saturday... well, it found us!! Emer nearly got a hole taken out of his leg!! AAAhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Ok--well, we actually found it on a trip to Cabela's...but it's still scary right!? We were all bored and trying to find something to do the other day and so we decided to go look at the animals (real but stuffed...really stuffed!) at Cabela's. Then the kids started getting all creative on me and came up with the idea that each of them would pick an animal and then recreate it--draw, color, oil paint...however they wanted. A couple of the kids were a tab bit bummed when they asked if I had 'fur' and much to my dismay, I had to tell them that, "No guys, I don't have any fur" but other than that, they happily used everything I put out on the table for them! I was so excited that they were so excited about doing all of this b/c it gave them something to do when we got home as well...other than playing the Wii! So here are a few other pictures from our field trip :) .
Emer decided he wanted to 'be' the Rattlesnake.



TT said that the Lion is the king of the jungle, so it has to be his animal!



Jacob's final animal was the glorious Elephant...b/c he has a big nose and big feet...and big ears too! ---Jacob, my love, Mr Elephant has big everything...(hey, hey now! Minds out of the gutter girls--I did not mean what you're thinking! That is a factual, innocent comment my friends, that's all! Factual and innocent...elephant's are big!)



Brant took his time deciding on the animal right for him that day...in the end he chose the Arctic Fox. It sounds good to me esp with how stinkin hot it is here all the time!



Here are the finished projects!! These boys are very creative!! We've done several art projects and the boys never cease to amaze me!! ...Kim clear a wall and pull out the frames b/c your boys are bringin them all home to show ya!!

3 comments:

Smith Family said...

Ok, so you had me with the rattlesnake. I was afraid to read on to see who it bit. Glad it was only from cabellas. Those art projects look great! What a fun day.

Jenny Roberts said...

Totally had me! What a great idea and the boys did a great job with their art projects.

Denise said...

It is better than the zoo because the animals pose for pictures...not to mention it is free!