Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, July 28, 2008

My Daddies Little Princess


It's no secret that, from the moment I was born, I have been referred to as "Daddies little Princess"! From my three brothers points-of-view, this term has probably changed a little in meaning from time-to-time. I shall try to explain a little bit. In the very beginning, for my two older brothers, I'm sure they were the proud big brothers and were very proud and happy to refer to me as "Daddies Little Princess" (DLP)-without a thought of jealousy. I like to imagine them just as Brant and Jacob are with our little princess! Even as I got older, Blake & John acted as my own personal body guards! I remember them chasing a boy or two out of our yard or smacking them around because they didn't want them talking to me. If my brothers didn't like them, well, they didn't have a chance!
Now my little brother, well let's just say that when he was born (a year and a half after me)... he came out thinking the world revolved around HIM and no one else! He didn't even know that DLP existed until the day he realized that I was his competition for attention!
As we got older I think the term became a little bit of a bitter subject for them. I was older and had learned that, 'Hey! I'm Daddies Little Princess...and if I work this right I can get whatever I want' - so I played that card for a while and naturally, the boys didn't like that too much! Not too much longer and my older brothers were out of the house-gone to college & missions, leaving my younger brother and I home to fight for the title of the #1 favorite child and I tell ya-the fight was on!! I remained "Daddies Little Princess...who gets whatever she wants!" (...the boys by now had added that last little part: lovingly added it of coarse!) and Heath officially became known as "Mama's Little Spoiled Brat"! My mom just tried to never get involved with these family politics and my dad just happily admitted through all of it that, "Yep! She's my little princess!" Yes my friends, it has been a sweet place to be! Now that we are all adults...mature adults I might add :), my brothers and I laugh & joke about all of this. I am very close to each of them and love them so very much! (And just to let you know, even my younger brother was very protective of me...amongst the competition!)
In an attempt to bring this thought full circle, I would like to start off by mentioning that even today, I am still referred to in our family, as "Daddies Little Princess"! Every year when my parents come to visit or when I go home, dad and I always go on a 'daddy-daughter' date...so here's a picture from our date last week. The past couple of years we've hit McGraths for seafood....yyuuummm! Thanks for the date dad! I'm so thankful for you and love you so much! In closing this post let me just say, I AM "Daddies little princess..and proud of it!" .

5 comments:

Jenny Roberts said...

You guys have been busy. I love that you still go on Daddy-Daughter Dates. What an awesome tradition. I also love that you and your mom go get your hair done together when she is in town. Love ya.

Meghan said...

Okay so I just saw your post about your goodies. Holy cow where have you been all of my life??? I had no idea that you were that good at that kinda of stuff. Everything looked so good. You rock!

Denise said...

What a great picture of you and your Dad! It is so nice they come down here and spend so much time! Your Dad is so nice, I was talking to him in the hall at church a few weeks ago! Daddy daughter dates are the best! I can only think of a few my Dad and I have been on, but they are all special memories. I will have to start that tradition in my family!

Thanks for coming over today! We had a great time!

Smith Family said...

How fun that you get to go on Daddy Daughter dates. From the sounds of it, you guys had a wonderful time with your parents in town. It's nice that they can come down often to see you.

taylortots said...

My googness Tiff, I had to get out the tissue. My Dad has been my best friend throughout my life. What a wonderful blessing it is to have men that are such great leaders! Much love