Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tiff's Baking...again, people!!!

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love to bake (as well as eat what I bake)!! Usually, when I go on a 'baking spree' I will keep some for our family and then drop plates off to friends/neighbors b/c I've been trying to lose weight this past year. Well, SORRY FRIENDS! The closest these goodies got to the door was in a bunch of little boys bellies as they ran out to play!! I had a ton of fun baking these yummy treats! With my parents and nephews here visiting for three weeks, we've baked quite a few goodies! So anyway, here are a few of the treats we made:


Chocolate Reese's Cup Cake
Ok-so just go ahead and strap 20 lbs of LARD to my thighs and waist!! Holy Cow! This cake was to die for!! I don't think I'll make this one again for a while 'cuz it's gona take me a while to recover from all of the calories!!




Chocolate Cake Balls (aka doughnut balls)
TT drove everyone nuts with these "doughnut balls"!! First thing he asked about when he sprung out of bed in the morning and last thing he asked about at night was, "Can I have another Doughnut Ball?"..."If I eat three peas, can I have a doughnut ball?" It was a glorious day when these sinful balls were gone!!



Tiff's First...and Last Fondant Cake
Ok, so I can officially check 'make fondant cake' off my list now! The pre-made fondant was actually really easy to work with, and we really had a lot of fun making it together...my biggest problem with it was how incredibly delicious it was (NOT!). Let's just say it tastes about as good as---uummm---wall paper paste! If you like wall paper paste, then you should run right down to Michael's with your 40% off coupon and grab yourself a big 'ol box of it!! I must be honest with you all and just say that it didn't help that I didn't add flavoring to it, but who cares, my verdict stands that it still tasted like wall paper paste! The cake and frosting (butter cream of coarse!) underneath were yummy delicious...but that fondant...ugh! I have to say that I did NOT want a corner piece of that cake! Despite the fact that it taste nasty ( and Jacob was hanging over the toilet bowl all night..connection to the wall paper paste?) , the cake, WE Believe, turned out pretty darn good. This really was a fun project to do with the kids!

Here's your basic, box mix, frosted cake!



Stretching the fondant...



coloring & kneading the fondant...



be sure to sprinkle the counter w/powdered sugar...



rolling the fondant out...



Meema and her crafty little self, made the fabulous bow for the cake!



cutting out our shapes...



hhmmm...Do ya think that kid in the corner likes to be the center-of-attention?



...maybe I should call Food Network to see about getting him his own show...



I wonder if Chef Duff has any openings at Charm City Cakes!



What a great team we make!!



Ta-da! The masterpiece is complete...




...and ready to eat!!

4 comments:

Smith Family said...

Everything looks just beautiful! The cake is super cute. Too bad it didn't taste as good as it looked. I wish I loved to bake, but maybe it's a good thing right?

TJ Eich said...

What a lot of work! That's awesome!!

Brea said...

Tiff- I Love when you share your yummy desserts with us!! It looks like you have been busy...I love the beautiful cake way to go!

Jill said...

I am drooling just looking at these pix! Your house is a 24/7 party. Where do you get the energy? I've missed you Tiff. We've got to get together. Looks like you had tons o' fun with your mom. What a house full with nephews and all. What great memories for your kidlets!