Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

...what we've been up to lately...

We've been busy doing a lot lately, but here are two things I'll hightlight for now. There will be more to come soon.


Prayer Rocks

This is the rock that I use to prop our pool gate open with when needed. I wanted to cheer it up a little, so I bought some outdoor paint and mom and I painted it together (I know, Ahhhh mother /daughter bonding.. .how sweet!). Well, I knew before hand that my kids, along with their cousins, Emerson & Tanner, would totally want to paint something so this is what I came up with:
I piled them and my dad in the car and drove us all up to the White Tanks. I pulled over at the Waterfall Trail playground and explained to them that we were going to pick out "Prayer Rocks". My kids had one a while back so they helped me explain what they are. Emer & TT were so excited!! We all had fun picking out rocks and the boys had fun chasing a couple of critters they found wandering around. It was also fun for them to see the true desert ya know, w/o all of the concrete and with all the cacti! So here are a few pictures from this grand adventure!!


"Emer, You're seven pricklies tall this year...Jacob, You're eight!!"



...just a cactus shadow...with a little critter running around in the background!

Peepa helping Jacob find "the perfect" rock!! This was quite a feat, seeing that Mr Jacob had a very detailed description of what 'his rock' looked like! So I will speak words of wisdom from my good friend, Jill: "For the love of children!!!" ...or..."sweet mother of pearl, just pick a rock!!". (Jill, sometimes in life, I find that you're phrases just come right out!! I appreciate that b/c it keeps a 'bad word' from flying out of my mouth!!)



Each of the kids finally found 'their special rock'!...so can we go get a sonic slushy and get out of the blazing sun now!!



...and here's the finished product, I found them all to be very creative!! Great job boys!!




Swimming, swimming, swimming!!


Here's Tanner getting ready for his rock climb up the waterfall. Real men don't use the steps!!

TT making a big slpash!! He could not wait for me to take pictures of him jumping off the waterfall!! He then, in detail, explained that I was to take my camera, hook it up to the computer and put the picture wherever it goes so that his mama & daddy could see it!!...and I was to do it TODAY!!


Emer flashing all of his muscles to the world...watch out everyone!!!




Emer diving off of the waterfall...from THE TOP, to be exact!! Great 'form' E!




Look at that Hunk!! Flex baby-Woohoo!! I love my man!!


Splish! Splash! Rissa loves the water!! I've been trying to teach her to blow bubbles. She loves putting her face in the water but instead of blowing bubbles, she blows and then the second her lips hit the water, she sucks!! Not too good for the lungs!! She then, usually, smiles her chubby little cheeks off while she coughs it out!

3 comments:

Brea said...

Impressive rocks!! Very creative!

Smith Family said...

I love the Jill Smith words. That definitely brought a smile to my face. Looks like you have been having a lot of fun.

Denise said...

I want one of your fancy rocks! Love it. You are so dang creative...you can even take a rock and make it look bling!