Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Snow Day at the Phoenix Zoo

My mom, dad and two nephews, Emerson and Tanner are finally here to visit!! We have been waiting and are soo excited that they have arrived!! We have been going nonstop pretty much since they got here last weds. Yesterday Marty and I took all of the kids to snow day at the zoo for a few hours. It was dang hot (!), but the kids got to play in the snow some and go down the water slides so that did help with cooling off! We also got to watch the animals play in the snow. It a fun day! We all pretty much crashed when we got home though, we were all so tired!! I'm not putting all of the zoo pictures on here--seeing how my camera TOTALLY SUCKS!! A lot of my pictures lately are coming out totally fuzzy and just not too clear so I'll try and pick out the best ones.






Rissa tested out the snow! She didn't care to really touch it, but loved being out there with all of the big kids!...by the way- she is walking now!!--more to follow on that later.


Here's TT, AKA King of the mountain!


Jacob LOVED playing in the snow. He wanted to bring some home and put it in our freezer but I had to sadly inform him that it would never make it home! I think he did confiscate one, but as you can only imagine, it was water and then practically evaporated in, like two seconds!!


These are some of the targets the kids threw at. Emer hit quite a few!! Good job!!


Brant had fun throwing snowballs through the targets...he was really good at it too!



Brant caught himself a bullfrog!





Our snow cone break was a refreshing part of the afternoon!












Brant stuck in a petrified tree...


TT stuck in a petrified tree...


Emer stuck in a petrified tree...Jacob didn't want to get stuck in this petrified tree.


This is in Monkey Village. If you look you can see that cutesy monkey hanging onto the tree. If my camera were clearer you'd see that that little booger is sticking his tongue out at us!


..still sticking his tongue out at us - We loved him! Brant wanted to stick him in his pocket and take him home...he's alot like me--I always wanted a monkey when I was growing up.



SUPer Emer!! Brave...head first!





Marty and Rissa in Africa. There are two baby zebra's that were fun to watch.

4 comments:

TJ Eich said...

How fun! What a cool idea! I just have to tell you how much I love your boys in Primary! Jacob cracks me up!!! But they are so handsome and so sweet.

Jenny Roberts said...

Snow day! What a grand idea. Looks like you guys had tons of fun.

Cara said...

What a great idea to bring in snow! It looks like so much fun. Yeah for Rissa walking!

Denise said...

Looks like a great time! Even for a snow day I don't think I would have braved the heat!