Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn!!!!

So last night was the release of Breaking Dawn! I went to Barnes & Noble for the release party but only for the fun of being there! (I pre-ordered the book and so it's on it's way to my house as we speak). My mom lives on the East Coast, so as I arrived at B & N, she called and was in line to get her book. When I left B & N, she called just as I was getting in the car, and WAS DIEING! She had already read 100 pgs and couldn't stand that I hadn't read any of it! So here's the CRAZY, PSYCO part:My mom called early this morning, waking me up, and is going nuts! So by this point I'm thinking, Ok mom, I'm going to Walmart to buy the dang book and I can use the one I ordered as a gift or something!! She stops me and says,"NO Tiff! I'll READ it to you! If you get any free time, call and I'll just start again from the beginning and read it to you!" It wasn't but five mins later and our neighbor comes over to see if Marty could golf later today....so HELLO! I smile so graciously as I told Marty, "Heck yes! Of coarse you can golf....I have a phone call to make!". So, my dear, sweet mother was so excited when I called her ten mins later! I snuggled in my bed with lights off and door shut and for THREE HOURS..yes my friends, three hours she read to me! We got totally through the first book (of the three that are in the one big book...you have to see it get what I'm talking about, but I think she said it was like 150 pgs we'd read. Now is that fun or what!! I'm still debating whether to run to Walmart or not. It's a good Sunday afternoon read right?! So here are some picts from the release party:



Most of us are here! There were several others who couldn't or didn't come and then Lindsey, Stacy Fisher and a few others showed up a little later but I guess I just got busy talking and didn't get pictures of everyone...I'll do better next time!



Megan, me, Jeanne & Stacy...all Edward fans! The night before, Jeanne hosted a girls night out at her house. Everyone went over and made Edward/Jacob t-shirts and all of their shirts turned out AWESOME!! I didn't go b/c #1 I had already made my shirt and more of the reason, #2 We had a bunch of boys sleeping over at our house as an 'end of the summer sleepover' -we had promised Brant & Jacob they have one last party b/f the stresses of school began. I didn't think it would be too nice of me to leave Marty home with all of that while I was having fun-so unfortunately I didn't go...but as I said, their shirts all turned out awesome!!



Jacob fan on the left here!! She was the only Jacob fan from our group...she's so stinkin cute and we still totally love her anyway!! She was saying that she started the first book just last Wednesday and read all three in, like, a week!! I'm sure she was finished with this fourth book by the time I woke up this morning!



Two dang cute girls! Rachel & Lindsey in line...the very Long line that weaved in and out and all around the store-even through the rows and shelves of books!! Now I don't know who that is on Rachel's book, but it's hilarious b/c it totally looks like she's got him in the head lock!!....and is that a 'milk mustache' or snot coming out of his nose?



While we were all hanging out in the Starbucks corner of the store, Autumn left us only to come back with Bite Marks on her neck and wrist! Of coarse, we were all totally jealous and had to go get bit ourselves!



...It wasn't as painful as it appeared it would be, but boy it would've been a lot nicer if it were Edward giving us the bite!!



Autumn, me, Jeanne, Megan & Tina either before or after getting our bite marks, I can't remember. It was so fun to hang out and talk & laugh! I must say that the majority of the population were teenagers...many who were wearing prom dresses...but who cares...we all are much closer to Edward's age in years anyway--I'll get back to ya about the maturity part!




When I got home I wanted to take a look at the pictures from the night. Those of you who know my house might say..."hmmm, Tiff, it looks like you're in your downstairs bathroom! Why are you taking pictures of yourself while you're on the can?!" And to that my response is simply this: " When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!" Yes! I had to pee-pee potty and so I looked at my pictures at the same time ok! (Oprah calls it multi-tasking...hey, we all do it...ie. peeing while talking on the phone!! ring any bells?). I glanced in the mirror to realize I didn't have a picture of the bite marks head-on so I snapped a shot. I didn't think the marks would make it through the night but much to my surprise, I woke up with my husband and kids wondering where that blood and bite mark came from! It took a few minutes to reassure Jacob that it wasn't from a real vampire! If I don't take a shower today, I could probably wear it to church...but I will spare you all from that!

9 comments:

Denise said...

Looks like you had a great time! It almost makes me want to read the books! What a fun group of ladies!

THE BANGARTS said...

First of all, I love your mom. I can't believe she read it to you! So funny! And second, you girls are obsessed and I'm sad I wasn't there to play!!! MISS YOU!!

Amie said...

Tiffany!!! I'm so glad you found me! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I will add you to mine too! Ok, so seriously...would you just smack me if I told you that I have no idea what this book is??? Well, correction. I VAGUELY know what this is all about. But hey! If you guys can make parties of it maybe I should find out! Two side notes: Your hair is to die for and I just love the cut. And your children are so grown up since I saw them last! Holy Smokes it's been a while. Yea for blogging and reconnection with friends!

Suzy Hicks said...

I love the dracula bite and your shirt. Hope you enjoy the book, I think I'm the only one on the planet not addicted to those books even though I read the first...I know, wierd. Glad you had fun!

Tori said...

So, did you get your copy? Have you finished with it? I am on page 443, and OH. MY. VAMPIRES! Loving this book. K, gotta go read some more. ;)

Jenny Roberts said...

Man, I meant to go buy the book on Saturday, but I never found the time. Looks like I will have to get the book tomorrow. I am totally dying to see what happens. Looks like you guys had ton of fun. I would have been there too had it not been at 10pm...that's my bed time. yes, I know, i'm a loser, but at least I am a well-rested loser.

Smith Family said...

Ok, that has to be the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. Your mom read to you??? That's just the best! You guys rock with your Edward shirts on! Your party at the book store made me truly miss AZ and my friends. I'm glad you had a fun time. Amazon shipped my book out Friday, it should be here this week! :-)

Curios George's said...

hey Tiff-
my e-mail is curiosgeorges@gmail.com......thanks

Cara said...

Your Mom ROCKS! And what a fun night. I had also pre-ordered mine and just barely got it a couple days ago.

And you should know I am queen of multi tasking....usually I'm quadrupling tasking....is that word? Whatever you gotta do, right.