Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Friday, August 8, 2008

It's the First Day of School!!


Monday was the kids first day back to school. I only got one shot of them, as we were loading into the car. I can't believe how big they are! I did feel a little bad b/c they both insisted that I not walk them into school. [Really?! You don't want mommy to walk you into your class on the first day?!]Jacob was really excited about starting third grade! Last year we, along with his teachers, really started giving him more 'space'--backing up a little so that he could be responsible for himself more. He did have a lot of growth last year and began his journey to being an independent young man! With Brant being in the fifth grade this year, he is of the oldest in the school! He's the king of the jungle, the big kahoona the big dog on campus!! These are the reason's that my boys didn't want to have their "mom" walk them into class! Should I listen to my kids and do as they wish or ignore them and put my foot down 'as the mom' and walk them in anyway? I finally decided that it was all good - I would just do as they wish ...I wouldn't have to get out of the car (I looked a little scary anyway!)...I could just slow down and let 'em jump! As I slowed down (I did come a complete stop, I'm not that mean!), I looked over and Kathee and the Bishop were walking with their kids-probably walking each child to his class and giving them hugs, kisses and last words of encouragement! Nothing like putting a big lump of guilt in my throat! To make it worse, they all walked together to the front of the school so Kathee could get a picture of all the kids there. What a good mom she is...as well as my many other friends who insisted on getting out of the car share in the joy of this first day with their children. Despite the fact that my kids didn't want me to walk with them (oh my goodness, I've been thinking that it's an 'independence' thing...it just occurred to me that maybe they are just so embarrassed by me! I remember those days where my brother would make my dad park two blocks from the school...really though, that was b/c of our clankity car) a/w--they both did insist on getting a nice big hug and smooch from me!! I am thankful for that!!



After dropping our kids off at school, some of us met at IHOP for breakfast!!! The school district that Marty contracts into doesn't start back to school for a couple more weeks, so Marissa didn't join me on this breakfast venture, instead she stayed home for some 'quality time with dad'. Here's Rachel & her daughter and Brea and Connor (love that kid!! My heart melts every time he looks at me and says "Hey Tiffff-na-mee!" ...we were all probably still waiting on food! IHOP employees must not have eaten their breakfast b/c they were all working slow this particular morning!



Kristine, TJ & her kido & I (told ya I was looking scary). We had fun with Brea's little psychology story. One of these days I'll dedicate a post to Brea's psychology so you can share in the fun of it! Kristine is new in our ward, and so it was a ton of fun talking with her & getting to know her better! I'm enjoying getting to know TJ and Rachel also! It's crazy how there have been so many people move into our ward in that past couple of months.



It was fun to be there with Denise! Mr Zach did not want to have his picture taken...but we took a shot anyway! Just a side note, after lunch, I took the Twilight book over her, insisting that she read!..Last email from her said she's hooked!! Way to go Denise!!! Welcome to the club!!



Jenny and her little boy! They've been "back home" for most of the summer so it's nice to have them back! Now he was not camera shy!! It kinda made me wish that I had brought Rissa with me so they could 'play' together!




What a stinkin little cutie!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I am loving the book! Do you have the next one? I may be ready for it on Sunday. I am about 3/4 way done with this one! I am going to try to ignore, um I mean settle my patients for the night and read all night tonight!

David and Heather Smith said...

We haven't walked our oldest (Isaac) in since kindergarten. Even in first grade, he wanted us to just drop him off like usual. I was sad about that, too, but this year, I get to walk Julianne in, so that'll be exciting! Heather

Jenny Roberts said...

Okay, now i feel guilty. I didn't even take my kids to school. Jim just dropped them off. They didn't want us to walk them to class. :( They grow up so darn fast.

kathee said...

I'm sure my kids are plenty embarrassed of us dropping them off!! I think it's more for me than them, I am such a baby!!! Hey, by the way, thanks for the IHOP invite.....

Cara said...

Our kids start next Monday. I can't wait! And I am the embarrassing Mom with my camera, I make them pose with their siblings and friends. Then lots of hugs ands kisses and off they go. I hope they are prepared for this on Monday.

I finished the Host yesterday. I LOVED it! Now onto Breaking Dawn.