Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to School Already?!

I cannot believe that it's time for school to start again!! After a fun filled summer with lots of family and friends, Jacob was feeling like a "Mr. Grumpy Gills" (a term from Finding Nemo that the kids and I have picked up and use from time to time when we're not feeling the most positive:) about having to go to school this morning. This first picture tells it all. He wouldn't turn around b/c he said that he was "not happy about starting the fourth grade, this is a terrible morning and I'm not gonna let you take my picture!" So being the good mom that I am, I listened to his argument, said, "Ok Jacob, that's ok-you don't have to look at the camera" ...and then I snapped a shot of him from behind walking into school:) On the way in, the Principal saw him walking in and rushed over to greet him in this chipper, happy voice, "Good Morning Jacob!!! It's sooo good to see you back in school!! Are you excited to start the 4th grade?!". He didn't really stop, maybe slowed down a bit and kinda growled at her as he walked by. lol--thankfully our Principal has a good sense of humor and she also knows Jacob pretty well so I don't think she was offended by it:)


It's amazing how fast a child can change their attitude!!! All it took was one glance at seeing his name written in cursive on his new desk and all of the sudden he wants his picture taken!! Other than being a tad on the grumpy side this morning, he had a great day at school and did admit to me when I picked him up, that he loved seeing his friends again and that school's not so bad! He's going to learn tons of new stuff this year that I think he's going to enjoy.


Brant had a few 'minutes to chill', as he put it, after I taking J to school, so after we 'chilled' for like, 10 mins, Rissa and I walked him over to the brand new middle school! I love it b/c it's literally just across the street from our house!! As you can see, they haven't even finished the landscaping yet! Brant was sooo excited to start school today!! It was a little hard for me to drop him off, though! I'm excited for him to be at a new school where he has so many good friends...and he's so close to home!


He still had a smile on his face on his walk home!

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

school, already?!?! I'm so not ready for a 1st grader.

Cara said...

It's crazy to think of Brant in middle school! My kids start next Thursday. Their school is a construction zone though since they are remodeling and adding on. So it will be an adventure this year!