Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Little Taste of the South

So my parents are Finally Here!!! Every time they come to visit, they bring a nice big stash of Boiled (correct Southern pronunciation being, "Bold" Peanuts) and several bottles of true (mustard based) BBQ sauce!! We were hardly in the front door when we all ripped into the Peanuts!!

Before....


...During.....

Oh, and don't get too concerned about Marty's "hair"! It's a Hair Hat-my parents brought one for each of us!! I'm sure it'll come in handy in years to come, as the hair supply thins:)

(It didn't take Rissa long to learn the ways of eating the boiled peanut!!! She, like the rest of us can't stop eating them!!!!)


...and here's the aftermath!!
Thanks Meema & Peepa!!! ...let the parties begin!!!!

9 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I love fresh boiled peanuts... it doesn't get much better than that.

Beth Borup said...

Oh - Paul and I so love "bold" peanuts. It is a must have each time we visit home. :)

Smith Family said...

Those "bold" peanuts look yummy. I hope you enjoy the visit with your parents!

Kirsten said...

Good thing you clarified Marty's hair...I was a little worried ;)

Minta said...

Yum! Yum! I miss those boiled peanuts...and the BBQ sauce! You just can't get that out here...bummer! Way to make a girl jealous!

Allyson said...

Gotta love "bold" peanuts! And I had scrolled through the pictures before the words came up...I had to enlarge the picture of you guys to check out Marty's hair. I seriously thought he must have gotten a perm and highlights!!! Ha, ha!

Jenifer said...

Hey! I don't like boiled peanuts but every time mom comes up from Alabama she brings a big ole' bag of pecans! Chad sends Mitch raspberry filled doughnuts in exchange for the mustard based BBQ sauce. Some things you just can't do without!

Jenny Roberts said...

I remember when you brought a bag of "bold" peanuts to volleyball. We were all trying to figure out why you called them "bold." Maybe cause they were so good.

Stephen and Angeline said...

You're making me salivate. Stop it.