Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Father's Day Tradition

After dinner we all had fun participating in our Family Father's Day Tradition; an Ice Cream Tasting Contest!! This year I only grabbed, I think 9 different flavors...why I didn't just grab one more to even it off beats me, but frankly, I was doing good just to run in the store and grab some as it was, that I never even counted until I got home! Aw--another mistake I made was grabbing a COFFEE & Heath bar ice cream (yes, my friends, my dyslexic brain totally jumbled it up and thought it said TOFFEE!!) --so really, after Marty bit into that flavor, we trashed that one and ended up with 8 flavors!
Dots flavors: cotton candy, cookies n cream, triple chocolate, cookie dough & Chocolate chip mint
Ice Cream flavors: cookie dough, Yellow brick road, Oreo Mint

I did mix things up a little this year by getting several "Ice cream DOTS flavors", and that was fun, Rissa esp liked the dots!



This ended up being Mine & Marty's favorite!! Elton John's, Yellow Brick Road ...yum yum!!! Chocolate, Peanut Butter, White chocolate chunks..umm! ...the biggest downfall being that there are almost 300! calories and a whopping 16 fat grams per 1/4 cup! Good stuff!!--just be prepared to work it off the next day!

When it was all said and done, Jacob got the most right and officially won the title, "Ice Cream King For the Year!!". Our old award got bashed up, so I made this temporary one until I have time to make a nicer one for him. He gets to hang it on his bedroom door ALL YEAR! Good job!


~~~Love Notes to DAD~~~
Marty, I want you to know how much I love you!! I appreciate all of your hard work, love and support! I appreciate that you honor the Priesthood and that you love being a dad! Thanks for everything! You are my soulmate and I love you!! Tiff


Happy Fathers Day dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love you very much. actualy this much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think you get it. BrAnT


Dear Dad, Happy Father's Day! Thanks for taking me Rock Climbing all the time! You are a good dad! love, Jacob Joyner


Dada, Bin-hy! Allly! Bock! Pool! Want Num-nums! peeze! book! Pee-pee! two! blue! "O" mama-dada! packpack! Chuch! I go! MINE! no! Poo-poo! Dora dora! MAP! bwush teefe! NUB YOU! Marissa:)

6 comments:

kathee said...

You guys have such great traditions, I love it!

Kathy Habel said...

What a great idea. My kids would love that!

Edwards Family said...

Hey yall! i love your traditions 2! cant wait to come out there and see you guys in 4 freaking days!!!! awaiting arrival,
Nikole :):)

Apryl said...

The ice-cream is such a cute idea! Traditions..I remember on Christmas Eve I invited you guys 2 my home concerned that you didn't have family to spend it with..you guys stayed home & started your own family tradition & I thought-how odd that they want it to be just them on Christmas Eve. Now, living here, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND how cool it indeed is to have our own traditions just the 4 of us. Our Christmas Eve tradition? Go out for Chinese food, make cookies for Santa & we all get new PJ's.

Minta said...

Love your Father's Day tradition! Cute! Cute! I was at Walmart today and saw the Yellow Brick Road Ice Cream so I had to buy it (since it was both your favorite) & give it a try! You should get paid for advertising...ha, ha!!

Brandi said...

What a great idea! Love it! You always have the best ideas Tiff. So fun. :)