Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

We found Jacob face down in the grass

A couple of weeks ago I went to get Jacob from school. Brant was in Honor Choir, so he wasn't waiting for me...however, neither was Jacob, for that matter! I eventually parked, got Rissa out of the car and started walking all around the school. I looked everywhere. I COULDN'T FIND HIM! At this point, I went up to the front office and talked to the ladies and asked them if they had seen Jacob. NO one had seen him!! He was then called over the intercom, "Jacob Joyner, if you are still on campus, please come to the front office where your mother is waiting for you!". (uummm...he better still be on campus!!) Just after that, Ms. Jenny, the school nurse, yells, "Tiff, come here! come here!!". I take off running out the back of the office shortly behind she and another lady. We get just outside to find Jacob laying face-down in the grass. When we first found him, one shoe was off and over on the sidewalk and he still had his backpack on! (the picture above was taken with my cell phone after Jenny put his shoe on and we got his back pack off of him...even after that, he's still limp as a noodle!) I immediately start nudging his cheeks and shoulders and Jenny was looking for a pulse. Jenny found his pulse, but it took a sec or two before he showed any sign of life. I think Jenny was just about to dial 911 when I said, "Jacob, what happened? What happened? Are you playing?!" (Jacob has a VERY good imagination! He loves to reenact movies and make believe stuff...hence the, "Are you playing" question!:) Just then, he lifts his head and says, "ugh...ugh..I..I've ...I've been Shot!!". His head then plunders back to the ground face first. I sighed, smiled and shook my head...and I looked up at Jenny and said, "...Brant bought a new BB Gun this weekend! ". We both started laughing hysterically in relief!! Jenny, over the years, has really gotten to know Jacob pretty well, so she immediately understood that Brant getting a new BB Gun meant that Jacob has played out the 'cops and robbers', type roll a time or two. Jenny then introduced the new substitute lady to Jacob. She says, "You haven't met Jacob Joyner yet, have you?!". She told Jenny that it was her first day subbing at our school so with that Jenny, says, "Well, welcome to our school, meet Jacob Joyner!!". Jacob was perfectly fine. He was just "pretending". We have since had many talks about things we can (and things we shouldn't) pretend about!!
Substitute Ladies Side of the Story: She was getting in her car and as she turned to sit down in it, she looks across the way and sees this child laying face down in the grass! She jumps out of her car and runs over to him and while she's lightly shaking him on the arm and back, says, "Little boy! Little boy! Are you OK? Are you OK?!" With no response, she runs into the Nurses office. She tells Jenny that she's not even sure if the child's breathing!! That's when Jenny yelled for me.
Jacob's Side of the Story: "I was walking along the side walk to come find you and someone shot me from a bush! Right in the Heart! I'm so happy!...I thought I wouldn't see you again for a long, long time!! You and Ms. Jenny saved my life!!!"

14 comments:

Smith Family said...

What a story! At first I was bit scared reading, to find out if he was hurt. Glad to hear he was only shot and that you all saved him. WHEW! We like Ms. Jenny, she's the coolest school nurse ever.

Brandi said...

Woah, that is so scary and so funny all at once. Glad he was playin'!

N Godown said...

Thanks for the story! I totally laughed! He's got a wild imagination.

Sokim said...

Loved the story and being able to see it first hand that day!!

Coordination Queen said...

That is hilarious! What an imaginative kid!

jeni said...

Oh my goodness, Tiff. I bet you were laughing your butt off after you got over the terror.

Jenny Roberts said...

Jacob, Jacob, Jacob, you are a very good actor. I can totally see him doing that.

Beth Borup said...

What a relief & an imagination!

windytots said...

Sounds fun I might like to try that sometime!! :)~

Stephen and Angeline said...

Classic! I can't tell you how many times I've done that! I'm not nearly as good as Jacob at pretending, though, I'm sure. Kudos to him for an amazing performance..may he do it elsewhere so as not to scare too many people!

windytots said...

Hey girl, It's ready come get it!! I have eggs and all!! Maybe even a couple turkey eggs. Let me know!! :) Maybe you can bring your kids over after school one day this week so they can see all the animals and stuff.

TJ Eich said...

Holy crap!!! You scared me to death! That's SO Jacob, and that's why I love him. :)

Amie said...

Oh my goodness Tiffany!!! It sounds like you were so calm through the whole thing! I would have been FREAKING out! Isn't it funny how well we know each of our kids' personalities! Things I wouldn't think twice about Alex doing would scare me to death if Aiden did them. Alex is my BOLD as a LION child, and Aiden is usually my shy guy. Anyway, GREAT STORY!
Regarding your question about the blog book. I don't know the answer to your question! I'm so sorry. When I "slurped" my blog into the program it just took it all. I didn't have to go back and "slurp" again. I did have to go back into my pictures folder to get pictures that didn't make it to the blog. Is that what you're asking about? Or did it not take all your posts? I don't know how to get it to go back and get more posts. I'll mess around with it and see if I can figure it out. My email is amen125@hotmail.com if you want to ask any more questions...although I wasn't much help here! :)

Christi said...

I need to meet your kids.
I totally couldn't have pretended that without laughing!