Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Additions to Our Family!!

We went over to my Awesome Blogger friend, Tracy's, house last Friday to visit all of her farm animals.......and to bring some home!! Her sister, and my good friend, Dawn and I took all the kids and had a great time! Here's Tracy and her big ol Turkey!


Dawn and "Rissy"...that's what Dawn calls her:)


Tracy let us bring home her incubator!! Here is Jacob picking some of the eggs to bring home. He was sooso excited about having baby chick....and turkey...eggs!! I could write a book about all the "Jacob & the Egg" stories! Jacob running off at the zoo to go back to get that egg that was laying in the bushes.......or even last year when we were in Utah at Marty's cousin, Wally's ranch. Wally's wife gave him an egg to bring home (not fertilized). He brought it back to Aunt Janell's house and carried that thing around everywhere. At one point, he accidentally pushed his thumb right through it. That was so traumatic for him to think he had crushed his baby chick And then the million times, when he was younger, that he'd take our eggs out of the frig! You can imagine how closely he's been keeping an eye on these eggs!! He checks on them several times a day and makes sure to include them in our family prayers.


Thank you Turkey's for letting us take your eggs!


They have animals everywhere, I tell you!! I think Rissa's favorite was the bunny, but then again, it was a little hard to tell b/c she was so excited about everything she saw!!


Here's the incubator and our 22 'hopefuls'!!


While I was waiting for the incubator to warm up to the right temp.



We fell in love with Tracy's boys! They are fun kids and were bringing their beloved pets out from everywhere to share them with us! Brant esp loved playing with them and had such a great time! They sent this Rolly-Polly Playground home with us. The big 'bugs' in there are Ladybugs...b/f w/o their hard shell. This was taken when we first got them, 4 days ago, but now they are all in their cocoons! They'll get a little photo shoot when they awaken with their new, shiny Red tops!!


We also brought four, plump little tadpoles home!! They are all still alive and thriving...and I think one winked at me after feeding it yesterday:) We are excited and anticipating their legs popping out!

Tracy, Thanks So MUch!!! The boys are so excited about all of the new additions to our family!! We are so grateful for these opportunities to watch nature in action!! You rock and we love ya! We'll let you know when things start cracking the shells:)

********************************

This weekend, I caught this awesome Lizard---single handed!!
Brant was sooo stoked and excited (and I think a little bit proud:) that his mom caught this for him.


Jacob thought I should have caught an Iguana or Gila Monster!

Brant had fun letting him climb all over him...entertaining Rissa! She laughed and laughed as she watched it run around everywhere!


.....up the shirt....

.....and then right in the shirt!! Brant and I laughed and laughed b/c the lizard took off down his shirt and I was trying to get a picture looking down into it as he was bent over holding his shirt out. So I'm yelling, "Leave your shirt on! One more sec! I gotta get a picture!!" He's yelling, "I can't! He's going to go down my pants! ahh! Get him out! aahhhh!". It was so funny...here's the picture I got..the after shot:) Brant picked him up and put him in a bush after the adrenaline rush. They've been trying to find Mr. lizard ever since.


3 comments:

Minta said...

I'm so jealous! I think chickens would be so cool to have. Did you build a chicken coop for them? Any a turkey too? How fun?

Smith Family said...

How awesome to have all those little creatures to watch. I agree, Tracy rocks! Her yard is alive! That poor turkey, I just think about the fate of it come November. :-(

Beth Borup said...

Fun. We are planning on getting some chickens as soon as we get into a house. Hopefully soon. I also bought the kids a butterfly, ladybug & a praying mantis thing like your's so that they could watch them grow & develop. Ok - I would have done the same thing as Brant if that lizard would have been going down my shirt. (you just could not have posted the pic. :) )