Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Patiently Awaiting...

Chick / Turkey Eggs----Let's face it, Patience is NOT my strongest quality!! It has been 14 days since we welcomed 22 little eggs into our home. There they have sat, in their safe, warm, incubator...growing inside. As the days get closer I grow more anxious inside!! I just can't take it anymore!! I want to hold one and open my arms up to it and say, "hello my little chick! (or Turkey..which ever happens to pop out)...I'm your mommy!". I do, however, feel that the time of pecking is drawing near! Today I came home to find THREE of the eggs flipped out of the holder..again! This is a good sign!! So if we're lucky, maybe at least three will hatch! Two days ago I started nesting...rearranging furniture, repainting and redecorating...organizing...all in preparation for our little friends! It won't be long now, I just know it! Maybe we will have a 'hatching' on my birthday!!
As for the Lady bugs, well, they all have come out of their cocoons! We held a 'Let the Ladybugs Go Free" ceremony the other day. They were so beautiful! I was so proud!! The oldest one of them didn't even want to snack..he just jumped into the wind and flew like a bird...so brave! The others spent time in our rose bush before heading out on their journey.
Our Tadpoles are ALL still alive and thriving! Chubbs (my favorite..he always kisses at me through the glass :), Bean pole, Champ and Cyclone are their names. We're still Patiently awaiting legs to pop out! I will give them all a little photo shoot soon so we can marvel at their growth!

2 comments:

Denise said...

No chunkeys yet? LOL!

Smith Family said...

You are going to be the best mommy those lil chicks/turkeys could ask for. I'm anxiously waiting for their arrival pictures.