Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Princess, meet Time Out!!

Rissa has been a naughty little Princess lately! Several weeks ago, I was sweeping the back porch. Rissa had made her way up the yard, following along side the pool gate. Next thing I know, I heard a loud thud. I look straight down the length of the gate and see her little body on one side and her arms and nose poking in between and through to the other side. I watch as she then, bent over, grunts and pushes this huge (compared to her tiny hands!) rock. Roll, roll, roll....PLOP! Right into the pool it goes...And in the deep end, at that! Then I see her little arms fly up in the air and a 'newly learned' (from daddy),WWoooHOoooooo!!! Came blasting out of her mouth as she laughed a wicked little laugh!! Over the next day, every chance she got, she was throwing rocks onto the cool deck and into the pool. Oh buddy, It didn't stop there, either! Max's doggie toys, his brush, his bones, Jacob's car's -any and everything she could get in there when I wasn't looking ....the funny thing about it is how she would hide things from me in shirt or under her arm, and then watch me. The SECOND I turned around...sploosh! and then the wicked laugh would come rolling out like thunder! Throughout this process, she met a little friend, I like to call, TIME OUT!! She became QUITE GOOD FRIENDS with Time Out. She will sit on her T.O. step for the full ONE MINUTE and won't even think about getting up. When she does get up, she's right back to her little TORNADO self!! I've gotten all of the rocks pushed into a pile on the floor of the pool, but it's hard and a pain to get them out. I thought about pulling out the boys bodysuits, but even though we're wearing shorts, the water is still way too cold. She turns two in three months....I can't wait til I can officially add another minute to her time out!! All the rocks just match the dirt that's in the bottom, but here are a few pictures of her naughtiness:
A nice little collection over probably a few days. Everyday after school, she looks forward to spending time with her brothers in the backyard. I leave the door open and the second I hear the rocks hit the bars...or the water...to Time Out she goes! Looking at the amount of stuff in the pool you can figure she's been in T.O. a lot! Consistency right?...when does being consistent really pay off anyway? My boys would have stopped doing it a long time ago.
I took this one night that we were grilling out. You can see her little hands on the bars....little booger!
Jacob asked me if he could get in and to grab the rocks on the Baja Step. That water is COLD!! Thanks for your help Jacob!

8 comments:

Smith Family said...

What a lil' bugger! She's going to keep you guys running! But, she's the princess, she's supposed to right?

Cory and Cheri said...

I want to hear that evil laugh! LOL. You can't say you weren't around the corning laughing/smiling while she on her T.O. step? never let her see your weaknesses! LOL. as for the pay off...I think they grow up before we see the benefits...probably when they are complaining about their own kids!

Jenny Roberts said...

LOL. That is great. I love hearing when other kid do the same things as my kids. It makes me feel better as a parent. :)

Minta said...

That is adorable! I can't believe all of those rocks! What a firecracker. What kills me is how smart she is that she hides it until you are not looking. Watch out, you're in trouble!

Coordination Queen said...

Determination and persistance are wonderful qualities for children to have. It will help her get through life. But is sure is a pain in the bum when you have to deal with it.

Natalie said...

Oh, Marissa! She's too cute to be naughty!! Thanks for posting on my blog, I need to post on yours more often.

Amie said...

Oh that cute little stinker! I'm sorry to say that I found this post VERY amusing! This is totally something my second kiddo, Aiden, would do! ...and KEEP doing! :) Great pictures of the naughtiness!

Livi Lu said...

Marissa is so cute but i remember we i went to your houses for brats party Marissa was throwing the rocks in your pppoooooolll(pool)

OliviaDrescher