Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

What did I do last week?

Last week was a Super busy week for me!! I pretty much spent the week in my kitchen baking!! I had tons of orders, most of which, were just down right huge orders!!! I was very overwhelmed at one point and thought I'd have to hire Allyson to help me fill my orders!! Somehow I was able to get it all done and squeeze in making 4 doz cupcakes for Brant's Honor Choir Party as well--and Teachers gifts! Here are a few of the things I was busy making:
Mrs. Flynn, the Honor Choir Teacher, approached me about making a cake or cupcakes for the kids as a surprise. So Shelly, Julie & I (Honor Choir Moms, which is fun b/c we've all been friends for several years) got it all together for the kids. Julie and I made cupcakes and Shelley took care of drinks. There are nearly 80 kids in the group this year!!!
We'll just call this "Death by Chocolate!!". I made 10 of these bunt cakes. Some were for Marty's co-workers and the remaining 6 were for the kids teachers & principal. It's chocolate with shaved chocolate inside. I poured a Chocolate Gan ache with chocolate chips on top. Oh, just for fun, I cut the cakes in half and threw in a layer of whipped Butter Cream icing! I didn't taste them, so I hope they were ok. I didn't take a picture, but I wrapped them in cellophane and tied it off with a bow and candy cane. (I liked the plates, I found them at Basha's for .45 cents!)

Balls! Balls! Balls!! I think I calculated, like, five hundred-something cake balls that I made over the coarse of the WEEK! Red Velvet, Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Oreo!!....
...I even got some blue balls made in the mix of it all!! hey..don't ask....I just found some pretty blue chocolate that's all:)

I also made 3 pumpkin rolls, several trays of PB Bars and some Brownie Bites. I was really glad to be so busy and glad people want to eat my treats...but by the time my last lady picked up her order @ 5:45 pm on Friday, I WAS ZONKED!!! I didn't realize how tired I was until we were sitting at church that night. At 6pm we left to go to the Church Christmas Party. As I sat at the table, waiting to eat, well, that's when it hit me! I've not baked since :) I'm now totally rested and ready to bake some more in the morning!!! This week won't be as full, because I'll only be baking Mon - Weds morning. I have enjoyed my little business.. I'm still trying to decide if it's really worth it. It's totally worth cost compared to profit, but TIME is the question. The crazy thing is that even when I was feeling so Zonked, I still couldn't stop thinking of 'What I was going bake next!". Does that mean I'm totally obsessed with baking?...Yes, my friends, I think it does! I think I need help!

OUT OF STATERS: DON'T FORGET ABOUT MY DRAWING FOR PEANUT BUTTER BARS!! check that post out if you have any questions! I will do the random drawing on DEC 26th!! (If you aren't going to be home until after the new year, don't worry, I'll send them when you get back!!!)

8 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

wow. That is a ton of food. I am thoroughly impressed.

David and Heather Smith said...

I impressed, too! So does that mean you have your ticket paid off now? :)

Cara said...

You are SO talented!!!! Those are beautiful and I'm sure they taste magnificent!!!

Jenny Roberts said...

You're amazing. Just looking at all your treats makes my mouth water.

Beth Borup said...

Holy cow and I thought that I have been busy. Sounds yummy!!!

Tiffany said...

Yes, my ticket got paid off after my THanksgiving rush of orders!

Meghan said...

My goodness you just make me sick! Here I am thinking I am great for making a batch of pumpkin cookies..... Yours goodies look so yummy! You seriously need to open a Bakery!

THE GANTT LIFE said...

You're my kind of woman!! ;) I love baking, too.