Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rissa & I Start Joy School!!!!

I was actually not even thinking about Preschool at all for this year, until some friends expressed that they really would love to have Marissa in their group. After a couple of weeks of thought, I decided to let her participate. She is the youngest and her attention span isn't as 'long lasting' as some of the older, much wiser kids-lol :)--but I know she's loving it!! She really is learning a lot and she LOVES being with her friends!! I love teaching them (every seven weeks)! I love to see how they all interact, play and how they absorb everything they are taught!! I have been so excited both times I got to teach! I was excited to watch her learning in action!! Well, I can see that she has learned a lot already...but after teaching last week, for the second time, I think I came to a realization and that realization was that she's way too much like her mother!! SHE IS A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY!! Chatty, chatty chatty! Here are a few pictures from the two weeks that I've taught.

I was the first to host Joy School, so this was the first week of the school year.


The theme for the month was Ocean, so I came up with an Ocean game that the kids had fun playing. We also learned about Circles and the letter A, we practiced cutting with scissors and we made little Aquariums for our craft. Apples were our yummy snack.


To get the wiggles out, all of the little princesses dressed up in Marissa's tutu's and ballerina clothes! We only had one boy that week ....he got to dress up in Super Man capes!


cutting, cutting, cutting!!


Last week was my second turn to teach. We learned about the letter E, squares and Orange.
I think I glued their Elephant Ears on up-side-down, but the kids didn't care! They loved wearing them!

We had Eggs with our snack. Some of the kids really wanted to try cracking it open, so I let them all crack one. We then boiled some and scrambled some to see some of the different ways you can cook them.

I cherish this time with her and am loving every moment at this age!!! It's such a busy age, but so much fun for a me!! Wheels are turning in her little head and there's a surprise around every courner....ummm... sometimes a not-so-good surprise....but I'm just trying to focus on the good, fun surprises and growth moments!!

2 comments:

jeni said...

I bet that is soooo fun!! She's getting so big.

Minta said...

I love the idea of Joy school, but I've never done it. I'm impressed with all of the fun ideas you have - I bet they are all having a blast. I taught preschool for my 2nd & 3rd and they still talk about all of the fun things we did. Rissa will always love those memories!