Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

WE've been too busy to Post...here are just a few things that we've been up to...

Life has been super duper crazy, to say the least, lately!! End of the year school stuff, scouts, baseball, Girls camp stuff, lots of GNO's for friends b-day's and going away parties :(...and much much more. The same crazy busy stuff that everyone else is doing too!! Because I do intend on printing this into a scrapbook, I will update on just a few things and in time, will hopefully get caught up:)

~Honor Choir Concert~

As a family, we all went to support Brant in singing with the Honor Choir! A few weeks ago was their End-of-the-Year Concert! I lOved it!! They sang songs from tons of Musicals: Sound of Music, High School Musical, Mary Poppins and my all time favorite-The King and I!!! During one of the songs, all of the Choir kids received a rose from the Principle and came out into the crowd to give it to their moms...one of those proud moms would be ME:) So this was my beautiful yellow/red rose! It brought tears to my eyes! Brant also had a part that he and Emily did together he did an awesome job on it!! I love Brant so much and am so proud of his accomplishments. I didn't even get a picture of him in his Choir outfit b/c we had to make a mad dash out of there to get to his baseball game (busy kid--I'll post baseball in another post)!! He truly blesses my life!! Thanks Brant!

~Stranded Birdie~
One day we found a little baby birdie stranded on our waterfall and the boys wanted to be sure that I include him in this post! Brant & Jacob got him off and gave him lots of TLC! By the next morning, he was feeling much better and had flown away to be with his family:) The boys were excited that maybe they had helped him a little so he could fly again!

~Teacher Appreciation Week~
Two weeks ago was Teacher Appreciation Week at the kids school. Each day there were little things the kids could do and take to their teachers to show their appreciation. I totally and completely flopped on this one!! I'm usually lovin it and on top of things, but that same week was all prep work for our big Fundraiser for Girls Camp. This was the best I could do...Chocolate (& Reese's) Covered Apples. I crushed up tons of Reese's PB Cups & Peanuts then rolled them in it. I really do appreciate ALL of the kids teachers!!! I really do wish I could've done more for them!!! The kids love taking goodies to their teachers and I do know they appreciate them as well!

~Girls Camp Fundraiser~
cakes, cakes cakescakescakescakescakescakes!!
So this was what we did for our Girls Camp Fundraiser!! We sold Mother's Day Cakes...143 of them!!! I really have loved being Camp Director--- even with all of the work that is involved! The girls did an AMAZING job!! They sold 143 cakes, decorated them all and boxed them all up! We were only shy one of our girls, and we all got them cranked out and done in a matter of about three hours!! AMAZING!! I was most excited that I had 'guess-t-amated' almost exactly how much frosting we would need! I was worried about it, b/c we had Chocolate and Vanilla and I have never had to live up to such a huge order before:) It was really a great experience and I think the girls enjoyed it as well! My head is still on Camp stuff, but I am able to pay a little more attention to my family now:) Thanks to them for being so patient with me!! Also, thanks to everyone who bought, ate, helped or just donated!! Amie & Jeni thanks for the 'Make Frosting" Party! You helped me a ton and saved me a ton of time!! Rachel, You're an amazing cake decorator! Thanks for coming and teaching all of us some of your 'skilz'!! Allyson--thanks for taking my kids a couple of times that week!! You're a life saver...really, thanks to everyone!! Thanks also to my Tent Moms!! Love you!


~Student Of the Month~
Brant and Jacob were both Student Of The Month, last month, at school!!! It was perfect b/c Marty, Rissa & I were able to go and see them both recognized during the same assembly!! (It was also perfect, b/c Marty had totalled his car & we only had one car at the time...but I'll post more on that later, too!) I would totally post pictures, but Ed HAS NOT EMAILED THEM TO ME YET...ahhuuummmm!! I'll post them as soon as I get them --lol:)

There are several other things that I want to post about, but my eyes and fingers are hurting and in shock b/c all of the sudden, I'm at the computer again, after 2-3 weeks!! I'll let them rest and then catch up on the rest at a later date:)

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Wow. You have been busy. I don't envy you in the slightest... at least you can handle it!

Brandi said...

WOW that is a TON OF CAKES! You did awesome Tiffany. I always try to do special stuff for teacher appreciation week too and this year we were at Disney World the same week. I admit I was kind of glad to have the year off! HA