Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Rissa!!

Happy Happy (belated) Birthday, Rissa Dear! Happy things will come to YOU all Year!! If I had one Wish, then it would be...A Happy, Happy Birthday to YOU from ME!!! Rissa has been such a blessing in our family!! Her arrival was long awaited and we were all sooo excited to finally meet the little princess that had been kicking my belly for so long!! I cannot believe she's ALREADY Two!!! We LOVE you always,Rissa! ...Even through the tough times!!!! Rissa got slightly gypped this weekend! Due to my responsibilities with an "assignment", as Girls Camp Director, I was unable to accompany the family to her 'birthday dinner' at...holy cow! I don't even know where they ate!! Ok--so I was a little tied up all weekend...to my neck... in our Mother's Day Cake Fundraiser! I was so busy trying to prepare for the big event...and a little sick...and a lot stressed, that I didn't even bother to buy her a gift!! Not A SINGLE gift for her big 2nd b-day!! Honestly, I didn't even think to pull out a piece of candy from the cabinet and wrap that up for her!! For that matter, I probably could've gotten away (at her age) with wrapping up an old toy, just for the sake of having something for her to open!! Aw, Thank goodness my mom had sent her a birthday box or my little sweet cheeks wouldn't have had anything to open at all!! We did, however, introduce her to our family tradition...BREAKFAST IN BED! She didn't get her 'Num-nums' on our big birthday tray due to the small square footage of her crib, but her sippy cup and a plate of some of her favorites did just fine! As you'll see below, well, you can hear it anyway---not so good at this video thing, mine are always too dark,--she was not too fond of our traditional, Early Morning Birthday Wake-Up Call!! Our plans are to redeem ourselves and celebrate 'for real', tonight for FHE. Happy Birthday Rissy!!!

7 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARISSA!!! I hope Hannah and I get to see you while we are there!

Curios George's said...

Happy Birthday!!! That is so cute of Marissa having breakfast in bed!

Stephen and Angeline said...

Love the movie!

Jenny Roberts said...

that's great. I'm sure she'll appreciate it when she is three.

Natalie said...

I hope she had a great B-Day! What a cutie. Looks like she had a rough day in picture #4.

Becky said...

She is just precious! What a beautiful little girl.

Jenifer said...

How fun! I'm sure you'll work extra hard to make up for no presents on Monday! Happy Birthday!