Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

...There's A First Time For Everything!

One day last week, my good friend, Jeni & I decided to have a day of 'Firsts' together! What started it all was the discovery that she had NEVER been to IKEA! That is a big deal, however, the fact that Sam is moving them clear across the country in two weeks (tear drop..tear drop...moment of silence~~~~~), well, that's a bigger deal ...on top of a big deal! With that being said, IKEA instantly became #1 priority on the "things to do before she leaves" list!! We decided Jeni should go first and so we spent the morning walking around IKEA for a few hours. She OOO'd......she AAAAuuhhhh'd....She loved it! Knew she would! Parker & Rissa loved it too:)

...then it was MY turn. Jeni about died when she found out that I'd never eaten Sushi. She wanted to be the one to talk me through the mental anguish and stress that goes along with eating the stuff (or is torment the word?), so that's what we had for lunch! These are some of my thoughts on the matter: Sushi has a way of mixing up your emotions. You get all stressed about "what it will taste like", then you taste it and it's, surprisingly, "...not too bad. Actually, it's pretty good!!" ...and you eat the whole thing. Then you go to blog about it two weeks later, and you look at the picture, and you think about it....you really think about it....and your stomach starts to get a little sick feeling! You then toss the idea around that you're "never gonna eat that stuff again!". THEN, you remember that you, "really did like it"...and so by this time your taste buds are all confused and your brain really doesn't know whether you want to try it again or not!! All-in-all, I will try it again! One day, I will press forward to the Sushi Man and place my order... but only under the conditions that I will only eat at that same restaurant, ordering the same dish! Eventually, given lots of time, I'm sure I will even venture to a different Sushi Man and try a different Sushi dish. I'm also sure that I can, at some point in my life, use this experience as some type of teaching tool / example in a lesson at church. ...and PERFECT! I've even got a handout to go with it!!!


Rissa & Parker shared some chicken and rice. Rissa & I are going to really, really, really miss spending time with my future son-in-law and his mommy!!! ( ...another tear, tear...moment of silence...............................................I just can't talk about it anymore right now...it's just too much)
sigh




4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

That sushi doesn't look too bad... not so sure I could eat it though. I love Ikea... wish there was one closer to me.

Minta said...

So hard when good friends move away!

I have to admit, I've never tried sushi either. I don't like any seafood cooked so I can't imagine that I would like it raw?!?!

Courtney said...

Sushi is seriously the most amazing food in the entire world. I would rather eat sushi than anything with sugar. MMM..fresh water eel...tuna...salmon...the list of greatness goes on and on! I can't wait until I can sink my teeth into some seriously raw food again...gotta get his kid out first though!! BTW I love Ikea too.

kathee said...

Guess what Tiff? I've never been to IKEA either!!! So when are you taking me? Ha!