Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Nothing NEW to post, lots to be THANKFUL for!

1-I'M THANKFUL FOR...
...hairspray...

...and water...

...and Shampoo!


2-I'M THANKFUL FOR SIBLINGSMy brothers and Marty

Marty and his brothers and sisters


3-I'M THANKFUL FOR MY GRANDMOTHERS!
Marissa (can anybody say, "nap time"?), me, my dad and his mother, Ruth. I have always looked up to my grandma! She so willingly and lovingly took care of my grandpa for so many years while he was ill! When I think of grandma, I think of her soft, shy voice and expressions. I think of their famous spaghetti! I think of King Vitamin Cereal and cold, cold milk that she would make from milk powder (never fancied it too much, but we'd eat it so we wouldn't hurt her feelings!)! I remember summers when Sara, Julie and Jana would come to visit and all of us (girl cousins) would spend night after night at her house...and she tolerated us...welcomed us even! And last but not least, one of my favorites, I think of grandma's soft, soft arms!! My grandma has the softest arms and even to this day, when I take a trip home, I look forward to sitting by her and snuggling so I can just squish 'em!! She's always been a good example to me and I love and appreciate her so much!

Four generations on my mother's side! Me & Marissa, mom and Nana (Gloria). Nana is a little "fire cracker"! I love that she is now in her 80's and still traveling to China!! She's always had a taste for fashion and always looks great! She's known around the south for her sequence hat that she looks fabulous in and moon pies and TAB can always be found at her house! I also think of Zebra gum and the magical, amazingly animated stories that she would tell us when we were little, about the Fairies that lived in the woods across the street from her house! I am amazed at her spiritual strength and love for the Lord. I am truly blessed and thankful to have her as a grandmother!

4-I'm thankful for the Canines in my life!
I love our dog, Max! I'm so thankful that he's so patient with Rissa! She's always pulling his tail, ears and even goes for the gums every once in a while!!


"Scooter-Booter". I got Scooter when I was in the 9Th grade. I found him in a bush at the church, with his head in an opened milk carton! He was only a few weeks old when I brought him home! He passed away only a week after we got home from our Christmas visit to SC, Jan 2008. He was there for me through all of the 'high school drama' that takes place in a young girls life! He lived a "dog-on" long time and was a great friend!!!


5-I'M THANKFUL FOR MY HUSBAND!!

I'm thankful that he holds the Priesthood.
I'm thankful that Marty takes time to be involved. He has always felt it important to take one-on-one time with each of our kids.

I'm thankful that he tells me and our children he loves us on a daily basis!

3 comments:

Denise said...

What special pictures with Marissa and her great Grandma's. What treasures!

I am sorry to hear that Marty's Dad passed away!

Cara said...

Such a sweet entry! Thanks for sharing. Great pictures.

Jenny Roberts said...

The picture of Rissa with the dog - at first I thought it was Sarah and I was thinking...where did that picture come from?