Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Let the Taste Testing Begin!!

OK- so this year we started a new Father's Day Tradition-Ice Cream Taste Testing!! I bought ten different flavors of the creamy, fattening stuff and covered each container with construction paper. I numbered each container, put a spoon in each one and handed out a piece of paper with 1-10 on it to each 'participant'. We had THE MOST FUN! We all loved sitting together at the table, eating all of the different ice creams! The only thing I did feel bad about is that I didn't get plain vanilla for Jacob! Marty loves Dulce and Brant loves anything with Chocolate or chips or cookie dough-he's our ice cream freak! Jacob tried most of the flavors but he was looking for the vanilla. thankfully we did have a little bit (in a carton in the frig).



Chocolate, banana split, choco chip cookie dough, choco chip mint, cherry swirl, dulce de leche, malt ball explosion (I was very excited about this one b/c I LOVE MALT BALLS--little disappointing b/c the choco i.c. taste a little like coffee)and a few others were the flavors, there were ten all together.



Marty found his favorite pretty fast!!-Dulce de leche!


Brant and Marty were on a MISSION!! They "mint" business!


Jacob was so excited! He kept saying, "What?!! We can just eat all of the ice cream? -Whatever we want?! Yah hoo!"


Rissa was getting really mad that I just gave her a bite here and there, so I finally just handed her a spoon and carton!...she didn't mind that too much!


-Some flavors tasted better than others!!


In the end it was Brant who took first place...with Marty, Jacob and Rissa trailing so closely behind!! I didn't compete but I sure enjoyed the tasting part of it, too!!


Brant's room door will now be adorned with the "Ice Cream Champion" award for ONE YEAR (until next father' day)!! He also won $5.00 in coins ($1 in pennies, $1 in nickles, in dimes, ..quarters and one dollar bill). Good job Brant!!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Yo are so fun! What a cute idea. If you ever need more people to taste test I am more than willing to oblige.

Jenny Roberts said...

What a great tradition. We might have to do that...

Cara said...

Great idea. You always come up with the funnest activities for your kids to do.

Edwards Family said...

how cute is that! i would have never of thought of it myself! great idea!