Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Friday, May 2, 2008

Not Feeling Well





'Rissa really hasn't felt very well the past week or two! Her cheeks were really red from the "Slap Cheek Syndrome" and the Croop was the aftermath of it all!! The Dr. gave her a steroid shot, a vapor treatment (Nebulizer) and took xrays of her chest and throat...and I wish I would've gotten a picture of it too! They put her in this clear container-type thing to get the xrays! Her hands were straight up in the air, her feet went down through these holes in the table as she sat on this bicycle-type seat and this clear tube closed in all around her with a little cut-out for her face. My cell phone was our room at the other end of the building and she was totally crying and scared, and I already had my SUPERMAN Xray (it looked like the real SM costume!) jacket on--so I really didn't feel right about saying, "Excuse me, can I go get my cell phone so I can take a picture of my baby who is stuck down in this tube and screaming her head off...this would make a great post for my blog?!!"...I still wish I would've just gotten the picture! The only time she didn't fuss to be held during her sick week (or two) was when she discovered the paper towel rolls on one of the bottom shelves!...Marty actually got a cooked meal that day!! She's feeling better everyday...and so far she has two new teeth poking out and about two more yet to come!

2 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

Oh, that makes me so sad!!! Sick babies are the worst and saddest little things!! She's still so stinkin cute!

Denise said...

Okay we did this all last week too. From the chest x-ray, to the SVN's and the steroid shots! No fifth's disease though, just double ear infections!