Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Mother's Day Was Great Too!!

I just wanted to let ya'll know that I had a great Mother's Day too!! Everyone has posts about it but me, so I am going talk a little about my Mom's Day! Friday Marty & the kids delivered roses to me around lunch time. Then, Sunday morning started off with breakfast in bed. My breakfast consisted of a bagel w/cream cheese, OJ, banana, yogurt and a box of Whoppers (my all time fav)!! Of coarse, the kids hung around to 'snuggle' in bed after I ate, but I know that they were eyeing the Whoppers the entire time! Don't you just love how lovey-dovey and sweet your kids can be when there's something yummy that "mommy might share"! I love it!! So of coarse, we all shared Whoppers and snuggled while they each gave me the gifts they had gotten me (thanks guys!! They really did good this year!)
Church was amazing!! I really felt the Spirit and I swear that I cried probably three times in RS!! My friend Jenny had taken tons of pictures of all of us RS sisters and put them all on a CD with music (awesome job Jenny!!) and during the lesson we all watched it. I cried a couple of times during this video just b/c I have such a love and appreciation for everyone of the women that were in it! They are such wonderful friends! Friends that are outstanding mothers and wives, friends that at one time or another have helped carry some of my burdens, friends that have risen above trials and come out better and stronger for it! Friends that just make me happy! I get support and positive feedback from them and I just feel so thankful to have them in my life! I'm thankful that the Lord chose me to be a woman, wife and above all, a Mother! I have had a few Mother's Day's that were kinda crappy b/c of miscarriages and I look back and am so thankful for such a wonderful, loving husband! He and I have had our share of 'trials' and with each one we've grown closer. He is my best friend and I love him so much! I look at our children and I feel so blessed! Sometimes I feel so inadequate! I'm so proud of their accomplishments and growth! I'm thankful for a mother that taught me well and who continues to teach me. I have learned not to take motherhood for granted. It is such a blessing and gift and I'm thankful that Heavenly Father entrusted these beautiful children into our care.

3 comments:

Smith Family said...

I bet the video was great. I remember last year's video, it was beautiful. La Loma ward ROCKS!

Cory and Cheri said...

I love mother's day. it's not necessary cause we love our families and would do what we do regardless, but it gives us an excuse to "milk" it.

I feel the same way about our ward...it's awesome!

Jenny P. said...

Tiffany... your little girl looks just like you. Sooo cute! I also can't beleive how grown up and handsome your boys are!

I'm glad you had a great mothers day! I love to know of other Moms that love what they do... I hate it when people assume that Moms that are home with their kids are making such a huge sacrifice because we would all so much rather be doing something else. I love what I do and I love my kids!! It's obvious that you do to.