Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Good Friends and Mom of The Year Award!!

Yesterday we had the best day visiting with some of our dear friends that we know from SC!!! It was soo awesome to see Beth and Paul, it's been about 7 years!! They both look so great and it was nice to catch up with them!! As the day came to an end, they eventually had to leave to catch their plane home. Shortly after they left, my mom called and asked to talk to Marissa. I could hear mom over the phone as she said to her, "Marissa, did you have such a special day today?!". What in the world is my mom talking about, I thought?! ......My soul shuddered with horror as I realized what mother was talking about...HER BIRTHDAY!!!! Aahhhh! Here's where the Mom of the Year Award comes in! Am I really such a horrible mother that I forgot my own daughter's birthday?!! We had all been so excited to share this day with her and EverYonE of us forgot it in the end! It was after 6pm when this realization came to me and luckily Marty and Jacob were at Wal Mart. I gave him a call and he brought home the best birthday present ever...a collection of Princess High Heel Shoes!!! We were all sad about forgetting, but upon hearing the news, Marissa said, "Huh? It's my BiRthDay?" ...."YEAH!!!! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!". She didn't seem to care that it only lasted about 2.5 hours:)
Thank goodness I had made Peanut Butter Bars for Paul and Beth earlier in the day or else we wouldn't have had a birthday 'cake'!

She probably wished that her family would remember her birthday next year!


Life is all about the shoes now! It's funny because she calls them her "tap shoes"! Maybe she got this from Janell or Sarah:)
Miss Priss:)
This morning she ate breakfast in bed with me (her bday and Mother's Day) and then I even let her wear her new dress and a pair of her new tap shoes to church. Maybe that makes up for getting gypped on her birthday!

3 comments:

Allyson said...

So at church when you told me you forgot her birthday, I thought "Didn't this happen last year, too?" I went back and checked your blog, and it seems that poor little Rissy has gotten gyped before! Ha ha! She's going to get it made up for this week for sure! Happy birthday Riss! Love, Ally (because in all honesty, I can never remember the date either-in my mind it's the 17th b/c that's when you were supposed to have her!)

kathee said...

So funny Tiff! I'm sure you guys shower that sweet little princess with gifts so much throughout the year, it seems like everyday is her birthday to her!!!

Coordination Queen said...

I think it is great she was so excited about it! :) Even if she did only get 2.5 hours of a bday. :)
I wonder how much longer you'd be able to get away with that?