Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

One of Many Projects

One of our many projects that we worked on for Christmas was designing Jacob's very own book! Jacob is constantly drawing, sculpting his clay creations, building with Lego's and most recently, drawing and making his books. I constantly have papers laying around the house (all over the house:) with his drawings and imaginative creations on them! As much as I truly treasure them, I really wanted them organized and all together, so I decided to design a book for him where he can see them often and preserve them a little better. He was so excited about this project, so we got to work on it immediately....While I was organizing, designing and editing, he stayed busy drawing more and more and more and more-lol:) By the time I finished this book for him, he already had plenty to make the next one!!! Aw, It's so cool that Brant has put stuff together and we are now in the process of getting his book made. Here's a little sample:

This copy of the book is soft back. You can see the cover page is bent some from Jacob's love of looking at it!








Jacob drew all of these images free hand and in pen (his medium of choice, usually)! He now introduces himself as "an Artist" when meeting someone! These have been awesome projects! All of the grandparents got a copy of his book for Christmas...which really helped, bc I never know what to get them:)

6 comments:

Benson Family said...

Love the book idea! That is awesome giving copy to the grandparents. Who did you get to print the book?

Brea said...

What a great idea! Jacob really is an artist that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great way to save his work. I love his sculptures and he is an amazing artist! Maybe I will make a book of my kids favorite art projects someday. You have inspired me.

kathee said...

That is absolutely incredible!!

Coordination Queen said...

That is the best idea I've ever seen. Now I will start scanning in my kids art work. perfect.

Christy Peake said...

Awesome book!! I just love it!