Bippodi Boppity Boo!

Monday, September 14, 2009

The other night, we all went out as a family to dinner and then to a few other places before heading home. On the way home, Kenny Rogers song, came on. With grand excitement, I hurried and told the family, "HUSH!hush! OOOOoohh Mommy loves this song!!!".. and then I cranked up the volume and began singing this beautiful song of his! As I sang (with my eyes closed:) I couldn't help but reminisce on the days long ago, as a child. It seemed just like yesterday! I remember riding side-by-side with my mom in the car listening to this song. My mom would put her Kenny Rogers 8-TRACK in the player, crank up the volume and cry and sing and cry and sing and cry and sing-along with good ol Kenny! Man are those some good memories! I didn't cry though...I just sang! Sang, sang sang! Even if I had forgotten a word here or there, I sang...until I heard a noise in the very back of the car. Was someone crying? Yes. Who? Why? Do I really have to turn the song down to let the inner compassionate mother in me shine? yes. I must. Even though it's the end..the best part of the whole song! The climax, if you will! so I turn the song down to hear that one someone is crying. I turn Kenny off so that I can hear better. "Is someone crying back there?" 'Yes", I hear through the sobs! "It's Jacob crying, mom", Brant tells me. "Jacob, why are you crying? What's wrong?", I ask. After a moment of trying to gather himself he answers, "It's this song, mom. It's so beautiful...and I miss my baby Chick! How can I live without him?!"
I should've known my little tenderhearted Jacob would find the beauty in the song! Thanks Kenny, you've touched all of our hearts...all of them:)

4 comments:

kathee said...

awww, Tiff, that is so sweet. I remember my mom listening to Kenny too. And Dolly. And Barbra Streisand. Those were good times.... sniff sniff

Jenny Roberts said...

So sweet.

Coordination Queen said...

what a sweet boy.

Jill said...

okay...that is the best story ever! I love that tender heart Jacob!